at some point, cassandra was thrown to the ground with a loud thud, and she huffed loudly and laid on her back. "i think my spine's broken." she sighed.

"do you need medical help?" peter asked skeptically, glancing at her over his shoulder, and cassandra slowly shook her head. "no."

"then you're fine."

"..asshole."

"i heard that."

"i wanted you to!" cassandra yelled back as she stood to her feet.

"the beast's hide is too thick to be pierced from the outside! i must cut through it from the inside!" drax announced loudly, and cassandra and gamora looked at him. "that's not how it works!" cassandra shook her head. drax ignored her and started running towards the albilisk, and peter ran over to them. "what's he doing?"

"he said the skin is too thick to be pierced from the outside, so.." gamora trailed off, sighing.

"that doesn't make any sense!"

"i tried to tell him that!" cassandra shrugged quickly.

"skin has the same level of thickness on the inside as it is on the outside!"

"i realize that! tell him!" cassandra gestured over to drax, who was hurling himself towards the albilisk. she sighed when she looked at him, but she then looked over at her dad. "there's a cut on its neck!"

peter squinted his eyes, and he quickly said to rocket "rocket! there's a cut on its neck, get it to look up!"

as the beast looked up, gamora grabbed her sword and cassandra and rocket kept the albilisk distracted as gamora and peter took out the albilisk using the cut. gamora pierced the skin and slit open it's stomach, it's gooey organs spilling out, drax rolling out with them. he laughed triumphantly and crawled to his knees, fists in air.

"yes! i have single-handedly vanquished the beast!"

cassandra looked at him with furrowed brows. ".. shut up, drax."

groot threw a pebble at drax's face, and he yelled out "i am groot!"

drax stood to his feet and joined the others, pointing to the large containers of batteries. "what are those again?"

"anulax batteries." peter answered.

"harbulary batteries." drax repeated surely, and cassandra laughed loudly."that's nothing like what he just said."

"yeah, that was way off. but they're worth thousands of units apiece.. which is why the sovereign hired us to protect them. careful what you say around these folks. they're easily offended. the cost of transgression is death."

they entered the palace, and they were escorted to the queen. "we thank you, guardians, for putting your lives on the line. we could not risk the lives of our own sovereign citizens. every citizen is born exactly as designed by the community. impeccable, both physically and mentally. we control the DNA of our progeny... germinating them in birthing pods."

cassandra's face scrunched, because she didn't understand a word of what was just said, but her dad seemed to understand. "i guess i prefer to make people the old-fashioned way." rocket glanced over at cassandra, and cassandra shot a playful glare over at him, immediately getting what he was implying with the look.

"well, i see that." the queen looked at cassandra. "perhaps someday, you could give me a history lesson.. in the archaic ways of our ancestors. for academic purposes."

peter's eyes widened slightly. "i would be honored, yes. in the name of research.. i think that could be pretty, uh.." cassandra and gamora both looked at peter, cassandra with an amused look on her face and gamora with a stern look that looked almost warning. peter cleared his throat."..repulsive.i'm not into that kind of casual-"

"oh, please," gamora rolled her eyes and stepped forward. "your people promised something in exchange for our services. bring it.. and we shall gladly be on our way."

a hooded woman was pushed into the room, and she was thrown to her knees. her hood was pulled back, and nebula looked up at her sister, dark eyes glaring into gamora's.

peter did small jazz hands, and cassandra immediately knew he was about to say something stupid.

"family reunion. yay!"

"..oh my god." cassandra breathed out, quickly glancing away.

"i understand she is your sister."

"she's worth no more to me than the bounty due for her on xandar."

"our soldiers apprehended her attempting to steal the batteries. do with her as you please." gamora grabbed her sister harshly and pulled her next to her.

".. where's your daughter's mother?"

peter's brows raised curiously. "hmm?"

the queen looked over at cassandra. "it seems she doesn't have a mother figure with her?"

"well, her momma was xandarian.. and i haven't heard from her since cassandra was born, so.." peter trailed off, not wanting to somehow hurt cassandra, even though he still hadn't told her about her mother passing, though she was well past eighteen and the window of time he had to tell her was steadily closing. cassandra pressed her lips together and awkwardly glanced down at the ground, and she looked up at the queen.

"it's fine. really." she pursed her lips uncomfortably. the queen slowly nodded.

"well then, what is your heritage, quill?"

"well, my mother is from earth."

"and your father?"

peter involuntarily shrugged his shoulders. "he ain't from missouri. thats all i know."

"i see it within you. an unorthodox genealogy. a hybrid that seems particularly.. reckless."

cassandra scrunched her nose and squinted her eyes, deciding that this woman is a bitch, because who does she think she is? insulting her dad's family like that?

"you know, they told me you people were conceited douchebags, but that isn't true at all." rocket winked at peter, using the wrong eye, and cassandra sighed loudly as the queen's servants gasped softly. "oh shit, i'm using the wrong eye again, aren't i?"

drax quickly grabbed rocket by his scruff and the group, including nebula, started to walk out the palace.

"rocket." cassandra giggled softly, catching his attention. "i dare you to take some of those batteries." she whispered sarcastically, making sure her tone didn't sound serious.

rocket just snickered. "yeah, sure."

"i'm.. i'm not being serious. you know that, right?"

"sure." rocket winked.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 ; 1408
i luv the second movie a little bit more than the first, so the second movie is definitely much better written i promise!!
tysm for reading! any interaction/ appreciation is appreciated!! <3