Home: Chapter One

Draken has been healing very well after the incident with-
      “Oh!- Ouch…” Takemichi’s thoughts get cut off when someone accidentally knocked him over.

    “Sorry Takemichi, I didn’t mean to!” says a beautiful pale-orange haired girl.
      “ Wait-! Hina-Why are you running?! Where are you going?!” he says, getting up and following behind her.

    “I have cram school and I’m a few minutes late! I have to go, have a good day Mi-” she ran into a wall.(was it the fourth wall? I don’t know) “I’m okay!”

    The blond boy just sighs at his bestfriend and her ridiculous actions.” Are the guys waiting downstairs for me?!” he yells his question down the nearly empty hallway.

     “Yep!”

“Thanks, Hina.”

    Everybody knows Takemichi, he’s the angel of the group, his best friend Hinata Tachibana the devil. He’s earned two nicknames from her specifically, when he acts childish he’s referred to as ‘Daisy’, when he’s upset she refers to him as  ‘Baby Flower’. Now don’t get me wrong they would make a perfect couple, like everyone thinks they are, but they aren’t dating. They are just friends, they have been friends for so long they refuse to look at each other the way lovers would.

~Time skip brought to you by Mikey and his Dorayaki~

“-michi! TAkEMIchI!” a screech from a boy with red glasses cuts off his thoughts, can’t he have time to think?
   “ Yes, Gishi?” he says, nicknaming the boy.
“ We've been talking to you for ten minutes, what have you been thinking about?”

“ Visiting Draken.” he lies.
“ Well, it must be your lucky day, look who's waiting on your porch.”

He glances at his porch, sure enough, Draken is sitting there with Mikey.
     He didn’t actually want to visit Draken today, he wanted to be left alone. It isn’t fair that he barely ever gets a break. He goes to school, usually getting taken out early by Mikey and Draken. After spending time with them he does his homework and goes to his minimum wage job. And when he’s not doing those things he’s usually in a fight that he knows he will lose.

“Bye Yamagishi, Akkun, Makoto, and Takuya. I’ll see you at school on Monday.” Takemichi says as he walks toward the two gang members, hearing the sound of uncollected ‘byes’ fade out.

“Takemichy, Want to hang out today?” MIkey asks, slurring his words a bit making his speech sloppy.

“You sound like you’re about to fall asleep Mikey-kun.” The blue eyed boy responds, not wanting to talk to his friend at the moment.

“ He’s just upset because I told him we had to wait for you if he wanted to get dorayaki.” The tall boy with a dragon tattoo said.

“ Ah, well, I would love to go, bu-”

“Great, let's go now!” Mikey says cutting him off.

“But-”

“C’mon Takemichy” This time it’s Draken.

“But gu-” he tries to speak again.

“Hop on Michy.” Mikey says excitedly getting on his bike.

They aren’t going to listen so he just follows the command.

They go get dorayaki for Mikey and then head into an arcade nearby. As they go inside they see Mitsuya, Chifuyu, Baji,  and Hakkai. Mikey and Draken walk up to the four boys, while Takemichi goes back outside to wait for them.

“Aww-” Baji lost a game, again.

“Hey guys.” Mikey and Draken say at the same time, making sure the others are aware thet the two boys are there.

“Do you two want to play games with us?” Mitsuya asks to be polite.

“Two of us- Mikey- where is Takemichy?!” Draken asks, starting to freak out when he realizes that the boy they were with was NOT behind them.

“You lost your friend?” Chifuyu asks.

Mikey looks around for a couple of seconds just to find Takemichi on the other side of the arcade's glass windows, “There he is,” he points at the boy.

“Does he not want to be here, or something?”says Baji, questioning the strange actions of the boy outside.

They then see the boy slump down out of view. None of them knew that he was born a girl nor did they know he needed a break from his chest-binder. The little boy slumped down on the cement to cry silently in pain. His chest hurts, he hasn’t slept right since he saw his friend in the ambulance, and he can’t control and shove down the sadness of not being a ‘real’ boy. His chest binder just squeezed tighter, his heart hurting and the physical pain of not taking breaks making it worse.

He just wants to go home.

Home.

The word repeating in his head until he gets up and starts to run as fast and as far as he can until he makes it to the water.

He wants to go home, back to Germany, away from all of the people he hates.Yet he doesn’t realize that he’d have to leave those he loves, too.

He sticks his hand in the water and starts playing with it.

Meanwhile, with his friends all hell breaks loose.

After assuming Takemichi didn’t want to play games, the boys continued. However, while leaving they notice that the angelic ocean-eyed boy was not there.

They started to freak out.
“Takemichi!!”-Draken

“Michy where are you?!”-Mikey

~20 minutes later~

“Hanagaki? Are you here?” Hakkai asks, and soon he sees the upset boy playin in the water.

“Huh?” Takemich hears his last name, something that he’s barely ever called, “ Oh, Hakkai-kun, what’s up?”

“Everyone has been looking for you, where have you been?”

       “Here.”

“Yeah, I realize that. What I meant was- Why did you leave the arcade?’

       “I didn’t want to hang out today..”

“What do you mean?”

        “I tried to tell Mikey and Draken that I didn’t want to hang out but they kept cutting me off and so I came with them anyway…”

The boy started to cry a little louder than when he cried alone, “ I’m tired… so, so tired……. I just want to go 'home'” he whispers the last word but the deep-blue haired boy understands.

“ It’s okay Hanagaki, I could take you home if you’d like..” Hakkai offers not knowing that ‘home’ is somewhere far from Japan.

     No, I can’t go home, even with Hakkai’s offer, Hakkai doesn’t know what 'home' is.~ Takemichi thinks

Home is a place where the people you trust and love make you feel safe, protected, admired, and respected. Japan has done nothing but bring the boy pain.

End Of Chapter One   *1110 words*

[ no hate on Japan I’m just putting my thoughts about america to this AU]