"oh, okay."

"what are you doing?"

"dance off, bro." peter grinned, pointing at ronan. "me and you." he held his hand out to gamora as he danced, and she shook her head quickly. "subtle. i like it." he glanced back at cassandra, but she just flashed him a middle finger that made him laugh."c'mon! put more effort in it!"

ronan shook his head in confusion. "what are you doing?" he repeated.

"i'm distracting you, you big turd blossom."

rocket and drax freed the infinity stone from the hammer using the hadron enforcer, both ronan and peter dove for the infinity stone. gamora and cassandra both scrambled to their feet as peter grabbed the infinity stone, letting out a yell as it pierced his skin. "dad!" cassandra yelled out, running to him and reaching a hand out to her dad. "take my hand!"

peter turned to his head to look at his daughter, and he felt like he saw his mother in her, reaching her hand out to him. meredith. "mom." he whispered softly, and cassandra looked up at him with her wide cerulean eyes.

"take my hand!" she repeated, louder, more desperately.

peter felt tears slowly fall down his face, and he smiled softly as he reached forward and took her hand, holding her hand tightly. she arched her back and yelled at the sudden energy, and she gripped his hand tighter as gamora laid a hand on peter's shoulder, and the rest of the group grabbed onto eachother's hands.

"youre mortal!" ronan spat, eyes wide. "how!?"

peter stopped ronan from desperately trying to impale him, and he looked up at ronan.

"you said it yourself, bitch. we're the guardians of the galaxy."

if cassandra weren't in skin-ripping pain, she would've laughed at how corny she found the statement, but something about it felt powerful in the moment. peter re-directed the power of the stone and used it to destroy ronan, and when the stone died down, everyone was calming down when yondu and the ravagers walked forward.

"well, well, well. quite the light show." yondu chuckled, clapping slowly as he approached. "ain't this sweet. but you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts."

"peter, you can't."

"you gotta reconsider this, yondu. i don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the nova corps." peter said. yondu chuckled in response. "i may be as pretty as an angel," definitely not true. "but i sure as hell ain't one. hand it over, son."

peter hesitated, but he handed the orb over to yondu. cassandra had a hope, festering in the back of her mind, that peter was just messing with yondu, or he had something up his sleeve, because he always did."yondu. do not open that orb. you know that, right? you've seen what it does to people."

yondu just chuckled, turned on his boot heel, and walked off.

peter turned back to the group, and cassandra immediately forward and hugged him. he stumbled back slightly, surprised by the hug, but he happily accepted it."you didn't actually give him the orb, did you?" she asked as she squeezed her arms around his torso. peter laughed and lifted her by her legs, letting her wrap her legs around his waist so he could wrap his arm around her back and his other arm around her lower thigh, hugging her tighter.

"no, of course not." peter shook his head. gamora's face un-tensed, and she suddenly look relieved."he's gonna be so pissed.", peter laughed.cassandra giggled and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, laying her chin on his shoulder.

"you have a really, really badass dad. i hope you know that." he nodded as he boasted, and cassandra fondly rolled her eyes. he glanced over at gamora, who smiled softly and rolled her eyes at his words.

"i'm not feeding your ego." cassandra laughed softly. "i know you won't, but i know you're thinking it. your dad held an infinity stone. you can tell your kids that."

"who said i'm having kids, plural? i dont like men. how would that even happen?"

"eh, who knows? you know, you should name one of your kids star-lord."

"ew. you wish."

"he was gonna kill you, peter." gamora stated. peter inhaled sharply. "wanna get on my back? you're getting heavy."

"okay," cassandra mumbled as she climbed onto his back and he started walking beside gamora. "yeah, well, him and cass are 'bout the only family i have."

"no. they aren't. not anymore."

cassandra smiled into her dad's shoulder as he piggy-backed her to the ship.

"oh, c'mon, cassandra, your dad's a badass. say it! four words. four easy, easy words."

"nope. not feeding your ego."

"yeah, okay, but you believe it, right?"

"a teensy bit."

"so i'm a teensy badass?"

"yeah, i guess." cassandra sighed dramatically.

"i'll take it! gamora, she said im a teensy badass!"

gamora just looked back at them and laughed, shaking her head.

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 ; 1115
the final chapter chapter of vol one!! the epilogue is gonna come out soon!!
tysm for reading!! any interaction/appreciation is appreciated<33