Chapter 6: Blue (#ADD8E6)

Start from the beginning

"Ooh, I know this place." Tricia chuckled as she saw the signboard of the restaurant.

"Thank you for the affirmation." Jayden pulled out a chair for Tricia. 

"What are you getting?" Tricia looked through the menu even though she knew what she wanted.

"Hmm, is there anything you're craving? I can get it and give you some. I'm not super picky about food." Jayden offered. 

"The grilled char siew rice is great..." Tricia swallowed her saliva.

"I thought you were vegetarian..." Jayden was confused.

"I eat the fat..." Tricia stuck her tongue out. 

"Okay, I'll get that then...Anything else?" Jayden gave in.

"Ooh the banana chocolate ice-cream pancakes are the bomb...but it's too much for me alone." Tricia hesitated.

"Let's get that too...we can share." Jayden smiled.

"Enjoy your food!" The waiter placed their food on the table as Tricia whipped out her phone for a picture.

"Do you want the pictures?" Tricia asked as she took a huge bite of her egg sandwich. 

"Maybe it's time I make use of my twitter account..." Jayden contemplated.

"Wow, what an honour!" Tricia joked as she sent Jayden the pictures of their food.

"How does following and posting work?" Jayden placed his phone on the table. Tricia stifled a laugh at Jayden's genuine question before teaching him the steps. 

"We can be mutuals!" Tricia opened her Twitter. 

"What's that?" Jayden's eyes shook.

"Mutual friends!" Tricia pressed the blue 'follow' button on Jayden's account and did so on her own.

"I'm such a boomer..." Jayden admitted. 

"Never too late to learn...anyways, I realised we never properly introduced ourselves." Realisation dawned upon Tricia. 

"Fair point..." Jayden nodded.

"Hi, I'm Janine Patricia Gerona Robredo. I was born in 1994 so I'm 29 this year. I live with my Mama, Ate Aiks and my youngest sister Jill is currently working in New York." Tricia stretched out for a handshake.

"Hi, I'm Jayden Michael Garcia Rivera. Born in 1992, so that makes me 31 this year. I live alone with my Lola." Jayden returned the handshake. 

"Nice to meet you, Kuya Jayden." Tricia awaited Jayden's reaction.

"Nice to meet you too, Tricia. Also, do drop the Kuya..." Jayden bit his lower lip, not used to the address.

"Can I have the fat on your char siew, please?" Tricia turned her attention to the chunk of fat in Jayden's bowl.

"If I get a bite of your sandwich." Jayden joked. 

"Take two." Tricia offered with a smile.