Chapter 13: Miyabi

Start from the beginning

"No, I won't leave you!" Imu got to Miyabi, and tried to free her from the Yoma's grasp.

They heard footsteps approaching them, and someone called out to them.

"Miyabi! Imu!" A woman's voice shouted.

"Mommy!" Miyabi shouted back, her mom arrived and tried to help them.

"It's going to be ok, baby. You're dad's on his way. I'll hold off the Yoma while Imu gets you free." The woman said, as she unsheathed two daggers.

"Get them mom!" Miyabi replied.

However, when Miyabi's mom went to strike, the Yoma punched a hole through her stomach. The Yoma started to eat Miyabi's mom from her head to her torso, as Miyabi looked in horror.

Oh god.

"Miyabi!" A male voice responded. "You damn yoma! How dare you kill her!"

The man cut off the Yoma's arms, then decapitated the monster. Miyabi sat there, and stared in shock at her mother's half-eaten corpse, Imu was also in shock from the whole situation. She snapped back to reality when she heard her parents approaching, and started crying.

Miyabi snapped back to reality when her father approached and hugged her. Yukio looked at the man, but couldn't see his face.

I don't get why some people are faceless, maybe because they don't matter too much to the overall event?

Miyabi quickly started crying. The father covered his wife's body in dirty white sheets, and buried her outside of their house. Miyabi was traumatized from that experience.

 Miyabi was traumatized from that experience

Alright, that's enough trauma for me. What other memories can I access? Let's see, Soul Travel!

Yukio closed his eyes, and jumped into another body in another time. He looked around, and saw black hair in his peripheral vision.

Who am I this time? Judging by the hair I could be Ikaruga, or maybe Mirai.

He then heard a voice call to him. "Ryoki, are you alright?" The voice snapped Yukio to reality.

Ryoki? Who's that? I know someone named Ryobi, but they probably aren't the same name.

"My apologies, I was just admiring the forest." A feminine voice replied, it was coming from Yukio's body.

Ok, so I'm this girl named Ryoki? What does she have to do with anything? Why am I being shown this?

Yukio looked around him, and saw a small group of armed ninjas. Yukio couldn't see any of the ninjas' faces, only a nose and mouth were visible.

"What kind of Yoma are we going after again?" Ryoki asked.

"An Ayakashi, they specialize in possessing Shinobi corpses to fight. It doesn't have a physical body either, so look sharp. Look for two floating red lines, those are the monster's eyes." Another female voice replied, Yukio could tell she was the leader of the group. She scouted ahead, and made sure the group was moving forward.