Chapter 5

It was around the afternoon of the same day, stiles was sitting in his room when he heard a knock. He could already tell who it was and was quite shocked when he caught Liam's scent but nonetheless he got up and opened his door "what's up cub?" Liam looked at the ground shyly "um can I talk to you please". Stiles smiled and opened his door wider and stepped aside to allow Liam in "sure come on in cub" he got a shy smile from the young wolf as he walked in. Liam sat down on stiles' bed and looked up at him.

"What's on your mind cub?" Stiles asks gently sitting next to him, he could see Liam was hesitant to tell him as he wouldn't look at him for more than a few seconds and kept playing with his hands. "Um..um since your Isaac's dad now, does that mean after this we won't see him again?" Stiles' eyes softened and he shook his head "let me tell you a little secret" he put his arm around Liam's shoulder "I'm planning on moving to beacon hills, so no cub I'm not taking Isaac away. This is his home I'm not going to take that away from him"

Liam smiled hearing this and hugged stiles "thank you stiles" stiles hugged him back gently "no problem little cub" Stiles liked this, you know being needed it was nice especially after being alone his whole life. He pulled back from the hug and ruffled Liam's hair seeing the smile on his face, Liam got up and left the room after saying goodbye to stiles. Stiles was about to go back to what he was doing, when he heard someone walk in his room. He put his laptop away and looked up to see Peter. "What can I do for you Peter?"

Peter didn't say anything except walk in and lay down on Stiles bed, Stiles knew what he was implying and pulled up a chair next to his bed and sat down. "It's okay Peter take as long as you need" he said softly and picked up the book on his night table and began softly reading to Peter. This was something Peter did a lot when he was younger, he'd come to stiles or someone (but mainly stiles) and lay down wanting to be read to. It was his way of letting people around him know he had something on his mind and needed a few minutes to sort it out by himself. It wasn't long before Peter sat up slowly and looked at stiles.

"How come you only came back for this situation? We've had so many tough times with the supernatural, so why only this one have you come back?" Stiles sighed and scrubbed his face with his hands "because when your family died, I didn't know what to do. You ran off and Derek, Laura and Cora couldn't even look at me for more than a few seconds before looking away. And I thought it be best if I left and not come back" stiles hadn't admitted that to anyone before and doing so felt so foreign to him, Peter was quiet for a while before he opened his mouth "but you came quickly after Derek called you, why?" Peter was so confused as to why stiles came back so quick.

"My godson called and asked for my help. He needed me, I wasn't going to let him down" stile as were without missing a beat, and what made Peters chest tighten was how stiles' heart never stuttered showing he was telling the truth "but most of all my little brother needed me" peters head snapped in the direction of stiles hearing this "I haven't heard that in years" he chuckles dryly. Stiles nodded looking out the window "yeah last time I called you that, you screamed at me telling me 'I am not your brother so don't ever call me that again' before you ran off"

Peter bowed his head in shame "i didn't mean it brother, I swear. I just-just wasn't in the right frame of mind" stiles looked at him after smelling peters shame and regret in the air and walked over to him and wrapped his arms around him. "I know Pete I know" Peter buried his head further into Stiles' unable to get enough of the calming scent filling his senses. "Please Sti I want my brother back I didn't mean it I swear" he begged holding on tightly to him, Stiles lifted peters chin "you already have him back because you never lost him Peter, I know you didn't mean it all those years ago" he smiles softly at Peter and holds him close.

Peter allowed himself to calm down and breathe knowing Stiles wasn't mad at him and that he still in fact considered him his brother. Stiles cradles Peter close to his chest running his fingers through his hair to soothe him, and was rewarded for his efforts with the body he was holding relaxed cuddling into him causing him to smile.

"I've got you Pete, I'm right here I'll always be right here" he whispers into his hair moving them to his bed, laying down with Peter cuddled into his chest "but your leaving after this, your gonna go and leave and not come back. Please don't go sti" Peter whispered his breathing picking up coming out in gasps and sounding choked, he tightened his arms around Peter and rubbed small circles on his back like he did when Peter was a child. "Hey, hey" he lifts Peter chin "I'm not leaving after this I swear. I've been looking into buying a house or building one near here. I'm staying right here with my son, my godson and my baby brother".

He said softly with a small smile on his face seeing the worry and panic leave Peters face. Peter buried his face into stiles chest and soon small quiet puffs of breaths told stiles that his baby brother was asleep, he picked up his laptop and started scrolling through housing sites seeing which ones tickled his fancy.

The alpha was about to give up when he stopped and put his laptop aside and gently laid Peter carefully in his bed and went to find Derek. He started by checking Derek's bedroom but he wasn't there so he let his instincts take over and followed the scent to the main room where he found him reading. "Der can I speak with you for a minute?" He asks walking over to him sitting on the coffee table so he's facing Derek.

The other man put his book down "yeah of course you can. What is it?" He gave stiles his full attention "so as you know I'm not leaving beacon hills after this witch problem, and that means I need a house... ah ah ah before you try saying I can live in the loft with you, I wanted to suggest something and you can tell me to piss off if I'm crossing a line" stiles explained letting Derek process what he was saying before continuing

"I was thinking of rebuilding The Hale house with my magic to its state before.. before the fire you know for you and Peter so you can have a place to call home and a place to have pack meeting properly" he stopped when Derek stilled "you can do that?" It was almost inaudible but stiles heard and grabbed Derek's hand "yeah I can but only with your permission, your The Hale alpha now so it's your choice don't feel forced" he reassured his godson "please sti can you do it" stiles squeezed Derek's hand softly "yeah I can" he smiles.