Late Night Acquaintance

Start from the beginning

_____

Finally it was the end of the day. I walked with Rena to the dorms, remembering Kurai's request. He wanted to meet with me later on. I still wasn't exactly sure what he wanted. I decided not to dwell on it too much and get my homework done, since one of our teachers did decide to assign all of us homework that night. So I went to my room and did that, before laying down on my bed. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

About an hour later, my roommate Riku Aimami woke me up. She was also pretty gentle about it too. "Hey, Saki-kun, sorry to wake you but we have about ten minutes before we have to go to dinner. I just want you to have some time to get ready." Riku had said. I really appreciated having her as a roommate, because she was always there to help me. It was really kind of her to do this. "Thanks, Ry, I really appreciate it." I responded. "No problem, I am happy to help!" Riku said before walking out of the room.

I went to my closet to get changed, brushed my hair and brushed my teeth. When I looked in the mirror at myself, I saw a short ginger haired girl with white skin, hazel eyes, a couple freckles, and their hair up in a bun, wearing a black skirt with white leggings, and a purple shirt with white boots. I then walked out of the room to line up. I was still a little groggily since I had just woken up, and I ended up at the back of the line. The dorm staff called roll before we walked to the cafeteria.

As we entered the cafeteria, I was at the back talking to Riku and Rena about class. I then felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Kurai next to me. He motioned to an empty table with four seats. I assumed he meant he wanted me to go there so we could talk. I nodded my head and turned back around, focusing on the line. About 5 minutes later I finally got my tray. I walked over to the table to see Kurai, Senri, and Kaito all sitting there, an empty seat next to Kaito, who sat across from Senri, who was to Kurai's right. I took the seat next to Kaito and sat down.

"Hello, Asaoka-Iio. I am pleased that you could join us tonight." Kurai had addressed me, like he hadn't requested me to. Kaito and Senri gave me a small wave. I waved back at them before looking back at Kurai, waiting for him to speak. After a moment, he finally did. "Well, I suppose we have some business to discuss. To put it simply, you and I have a few connections relating to the past, but I will speak more on that matter tonight in the courtyard. That is where I'd like us to meet again tonight at midnight after the shift change. It will be on you to get out, but getting back in will be on me. Understood?"

Did he think I was a servant or something? But I wasn't taking that. "Excuse me? I don't know who you think you are, but you aren't higher than the rest of us here like you think you are." I replied swiftly, I wanted to say something back to him for once. He looked a little irritated, and raised his eyebrow at me. "I don't take orders from anyone, and especially not you. Your ego is too high and needs to be dealt with. Come on, try me, motherfucker." He shot me a death glare for like a split second before he just looked more irritated, but he didn't try anything. "Just meet me tonight. We shall handle the matter there." Kaito and Senri just watching this, they didn't seem to be surprised at all by what just happened. In fact, they seemed to be enjoying watching it.

"Whatever, I'll see you there then." I rolled my eyes at him before just going to eat my food. The rest of the time was quiet, apart from the usual ruckus in the cafeteria when everyone talks at the same time. I picked my tray up and put it where we would clear it. I then walked over to Rena and Riku, joining the conversation while excusing myself for not being here earlier. We talked for a few minutes, before the dorm staff called our dorm to leave.

I went back to my room, Riku walking behind me. I just wasn't exactly sure what I should do here. I didn't know why Kurai had such an interest in me. I was just a normal high school girl, no one even knew me. I was just seen as a quiet depressed girl whose parents got murdered. I was nothing compared to the popular cheerleaders, the band players, or just the popular kids in general. The fact that a male, who had several of these popular girls at his heels, wanted anything to do with me. I still didn't understand, and I was starting to think I never would. Something about it just felt weird, though. I couldn't pinpoint why, but it did. I then heard a knock at my door. I got up to open it. It was Kanika Ayaka, one of the popular cheerleaders. What did she want with me?

"Hey Asaoka-san. I know this isn't normal of me or any of the other girls to do, since we never drop by, but do you have any idea why Hizumi-san has an interest in you and not any of us? The rest of the girls and I have been talking about it all day, and can't think of why. Do you have any guesses?" She had asked. She was one of the more nice popular kids, and I could tell she didn't mean to sound rude or anything in any way.

"No, I don't. I was actually pondering this myself. I mean, I'm just a quiet kid who hardly ever talks, so I didn't really understand it either." I explained to her. She replied, "Ah I see, could you let us know if you have any ideas? We're just wondering. Anyways have a nice night!" She skipped off down the hallway. I just went back to laying on my bed. An hour went by. I had gotten up to take my shower before getting back into bed. Another hour went by, then two, then four. It was eventually one in the morning. I remembered Kurai wanted me to meet him around this time. So I quietly got myself dressed, made it look like I was still in bed sleeping, and then slipped out the window, making sure it was unlocked before leaving. I ran to the courtyard, where I sat down on a bench and just waited.