Some days, usually the weekdays because Adam doesn't like me working during the week, he makes me stay in the basement until he gets home and only likes me to be upstairs when he's home or if i'm cooking dinner. The only time I go out is when I tell him I have plans with Chris or Fox. I think the only reason he lets me go is so they don't get suspicious and ask questions. Adam doesn't like people knowing the details of our relationship even though I never talk about it.

The basement he tells me to stay in isn't some dungeon or anything either, it's actually nice and spacious. There's a large tv, comfy couch, a bedroom for my naps and a big bathroom. There's plenty to do to keep me busy so who am I to complain?

I have a phone, books to read, video games, movies and cartoons, I even color or play with my toys some days to pass the time. Adam doesn't know about the toys or the coloring though. What if he thinks i'm weird?

I know I could call one of my friends for help if I really wanted to leave but I feel fine where I am. I get to do whatever I want during the day and work at Daisy's on the weekends.

Daisy's is my favorite place to be. It's a flower shop that sells the prettiest flowers I've ever seen! There's no other place in the world that can make me as happy as that place can. The delicious aromas, my coworkers, the customers. . . It's all amazing and probably the only place that keeps me feeling sane.

Seeing the joy and excitement on a person's face when they find the perfect flowers is enough to get me through the day. There's nothing better than watching someone's eyes light up so brightly over something so small, yet so meaningful. It's just magical.

Sometimes to treat myself, I even sneak a flower without anyone knowing and I keep each one in a small box under the couch in the basement. I think if Adam saw them he'd throw it out, but I don't want him to because they're so pretty and they make me really happy.

It was yet another day spent alone at the house and I was glad today is Friday. Come tomorrow, I have my shift at the flower shop. I've been looking forward to it all week.

It was a pretty good day besides the headache that's been pulsing in my temples all day. I sent Adam a text to see if he would bring me some Tylenol at lunch but he told me I had to wait until he was finished at work. That meant my headache forming into a migraine and the only way to get rid of those is sleeping.

And hours later when I heard the basement door opening, my eyes shot open and I was instantly filled with regret.

I didn't make dinner.

I scrambled up from my position in bed, hid Mr. Snuggles under the bed because it's embarassing, and felt around for my glasses that some how ended up underneath my pillow. I don't know why I felt so anxious; maybe even a little scared. I've never not made Adam dinner before.

"I see you've been. . . Productive today." Adam spoke sharply, looking around the basement in what seemed to be disgust. It really wasn't that messy.

It was embarassing and I hate feeling that way.

"I-I'm sorry, Daddy. I wasn't feeling well today." I bit down on my lip, doing my best to avoided his harsh yet emotionless face. I have always hated calling Adam Daddy, it just doesn't feel right but he likes it so I listen. It just doesn't have the exact meaning I would have liked it to.