Chapter 31: Second Exam

Finally, the results of the exams were announced.

Less than half of the teams present made it through to the second stage of the Chunin exams.

And considering that each team member had to have 60% of the exam passed to advance it was understandable.

Rasa had done 87% of the exam well, which was pretty good considering he had answered only one question wrong out of the 10 they were given, and it wasn't 90% because one of the answers was right but incomplete.

...

...

"Orochimaru you bastard, how come you got a 90% on the exam and I only got a 60%, I passed the answers just as you gave them to me" Rasa heard Jiraiya complaining to his team.

"I knew you would copy exactly what I passed you that's why I just passed you answers that only got you to the score needed for us to move on to the next exam" Orochimaru replied dryly.

"You... you really thought that he... he was going to pass you his answers so you could copy them without... without changing anything,Ha ha ha! what an idiot, don't you know Orochimaru yet?" mocked Tsunade as she laughed.

Jiraiya's face turned red with shame and anger, and he said loudly:

"You're the idiots, Humph. If I hadn't copied the answers exactly we might have failed the exam!"

"Umm..." Tsunade seemed to think and consider for a few moments what Jiraiya said.

"Yeah, well, that definitely wasn't going to happen" Tsunade finally said with amusement knowing that the pervert Jiraiya wouldn't think to change the answers.

"You...!" Jiraiya was about to complain but before he could say anything the new examiner began to speak.

"Listen everyone, in the next exam you can put your lives at risk, so if you want to quit, now is the time!" said seriously the examiner who seemed to be a Jonin from Iwa.

No one decided to quit so the examiner just nodded and continued explaining:

"This exam consists of two things. The first is for everyone in your team to survive the Rock Rain paramo..."

"The paramo is in a circular and desolated region covered with large rocky mountains where strong winds sweep across the steep mountains, creating a rain of rock that could kill you if you are not careful."

"This area is surrounded by 77 gates, through which each team will have to enter the páramo"

"And the second thing you will need to do to pass this test is simple. Each team will be given a number, you will have to collect an even number and an odd number, then you must reach the big mountain in the center of the wasteland and only the first 11 teams to reach the mountain will pass to the last stage of the Chunin exam"

"The mountain is approximately 77 kilometers from all the gates, so there will be no team with an advantage. Oh, right, to clarify, all three team members are required to reach the mountain for the team to be considered to have successfully passed the exam"

"Very well, once you have been given your number and assigned your gate you can head to the mountain," finished the examiner.

Everybody here knew that in this second exam everything is allowed to get the two numbers and come in first, including hurting or killing the competition or the weakest member of the other team.

After the examiner's explanation, each of the teams present were assigned a door and given a number and then everyone split up to await the start of the exam.