"None of this makes sense," Laura said and Isadora looked over at her as she nodded in agreement.

"I don't understand. The Demodogs died when El closed the gate. If the brain dies, the body dies."

"The Demo-what?" Isadora asked, as she looked at the younger teenagers before shaking her head, "Actually, you know what, I am just going to pretend that I have any idea what's going on right now."

"We can't take any chances. We need to assume the worst. The Mind Flayer's back."

"Yeah, and if he is, he'd want to attach himself to someone. A new me."

"A new host," Lucas said, as Isadora and Max looked at each other.

"How can you tell if someone's a host?" Eleven asked, echoing what Isadora was thinking. She was starting to wonder if it was possible that Billy was possibly a host for this Mind Flayer creature. If he was, it would explain his strange behaviour.

"Who do you think's a host?" Hazel asked them. Isadora, Max, Eleven and Laura looked at each other before they started explaining what had happened with Billy and Heather, and how they suspected Billy might be the new host for the Mind Flayer. After they had explained everything to the group, it was decided they would all go to the community pool together so they could spy on Billy and figure out if he was the new host for the Mind Flayer.

"I don't know, he looks pretty normal to me," Max told them, as she watched Billy through a pair of binoculars. The group was gathered outside the Hawkins community pool, watching as Billy sat in the lifeguard's chair and watched people swim.

"Here, give me those," Isadora said. Max nodded as she handed the binoculars to Isadora and the blonde looked through them, focusing her attention on Billy before frowning, "I don't know about normal, Max. I mean he's wearing a shirt and Billy never wears a shirt when he's at the pool."

"She's right. How many times have you seen him with a shirt on?" Lucas asked.

"I mean, it's a little weird."

"A little weird? It's totally weird, Max. I mean he never worse a shirt when he used to lifeguard in California either ... or when he was at the beach," Laura said.

"Anyway, he was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold. Plus, everything else —"

"But, he's lounging at the pool, which is like the least Mind Flayer thing ever."

"Not necessarily," Will told them and Isadora turned her attention towards him, "The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like ... it's like you're dormant, and then, when he needs you, you're activated."

"Okay, so we just wait until he gets activated," Max said.

"No, what if he hurts someone?" Mike asked.

"Mike's got a point. We can't let him hurt anyone," Isadora said.

"She's right, we can't take that chance. We need to find out if he's the host," Mike said, as he started walking away from the group.

"Where are you going?" Eleven asked.

"I have an idea. Boys only," Mike said.

"Seriously?"

"Just trust me on this one," Mike said. Hazel and Isadora looked at each other and shook their heads as the boys disappeared. Meanwhile, Isadora lifted the binoculars up again and once again focused her attention on Billy. As she watched him, she could hear Hazel, Laura, Max and Eleven talking behind her, trying to figure out what the boys were up to, but she didn't really listen as her attention remained focused on Billy. The boys soon returned and soon they were telling the girls their plan to figure out if Billy was a host. After they had told the girls their plan, the boys left to get supplies while Isadora continued watching Billy.