closer. al haitham

[ 警告 ] warnings ;  suggestive themes!

his arms were firmly crossed over his chest, his eyes roaming each of the books spine not stopping until he found the one he needed. he swore it was here last time he checked,

"can i borrow this?" his eyes followed your voice, to see you chat with a man on the ladder, you pointed up to the top shelf indicating what you needed it for.

kindly, the guy grabbed his finds and lended her the ladder, leaving you unattended. which was no option for al haitham—not when your two left legs were 10 feet high on a ladder.

abandoning his book search, he slowly approached the ladder, you were already at the top not paying attention to what was down as you read the backs of each book, "no..." you mumbled at a book from what he could see was about the plant poetry. so easily it brought a smile to his lips, he loved watching you—didn't matter doing what he just found you so entertaining, your reactions to things were always priceless.

what he didn't know was why you were here, this library of all others.
you finally picked a book that seemed to interest you, managing to get you on the first page, and with another flip you were hooked, leaning more on the ladder to gain more comfort, as if forgetting one mistep was costly.

"the chairs probably more comfortable than this old ladder," he spoke finally, your attention instantly on him, "haitham?" you look down to see the smilely man, "baby come down," he suggested again, "it's actually comfy up here,"

"[name]"

"fresher air. a nice change from down there." you shrug and he looks at you thoughtfully, he doesn't speak but his eyes do it for him, cat like eyes filled with longing mixed with adoration once he scans my body and my face, but also demanding.

"you're lucky i like you." you still step down towards him, his hands cup your waist lifting you down and against him in a hug,

he waits for you to look down at him before pressing a sweet kiss to your lips, distracting you from the hand that was out for your book,

"does my luck still count here?" he snickers, waving the book in front of you teasingly as you finally realized exactly what he's done.
"NO." you shout once you register exactly what he's doing, your cheeks burst with heat as your stomach drops.

not that your embarrassed about your choices in literature...but if he see's he'll never let it go and that'll be it for your book enjoyment.

he presses a finger to your lips asking you to shush, you were in a studying area... "why not? you took an awful amount of time picking it out...it has to be good." he whispered, amusement all over his face.

"it is a good book." you confirmed,

"then why can't i flip through it? his brow rose, and to your unsuccess in getting it back you sighed with a nod, "just don't...be you about it." your frustration was taken with a light laugh, "me about it?"

"tease about it for the next year every chance you get."

he smirked wickedly, and you gave up as he read the cover then slowly looked up at you, wordlessly.

"yes?" you asked but he slowly shook his head like theres no reason to the slow stare, there was because when he flipped the page he immediately gave it back to you.

"too much?" you asked as he slowly turned away from you, "you didn't even read the page.." you open the book and scan the words and then suddenly he huffs, "erotic poetry?"

"smut."

"smut. you read this shamelessly in public?" he asks, turning back to you, seeing you nod, a smile widden on your lips, shameless, "people don't usually notice unless they've read it too...i mean it looks normal."  the covers a light shade of green with golden letters in the corner, hand-coverable, and practical.

which is good since you weren't really known for this but more for your innocence, come to think of it you think al haitham likes you more for this.

"are you really that surprised?" i stepped closer to him, he takes a minute but he actually nods,

"i thought it was gonna be something stupid like a travel book."

"travel books aren't stupid.."

strangely, looking embarrassed as he clears his throat, "how about we study the book." he says, pointing to one for the librarys private rooms, this makes you laugh, "study?"

he grabs your wrist pulling you along to the open room, "well your strongly interested aren't you?" he smirks, "and i'm greatly misinformed..." the door clicks shut, and you sure hope the room was sound proof.

©-dxliqhted