grape fields. diluc

[ 警告 ] warnings ; suggestive themes !

"are you sure they won't find us here?" you ask again, looking around the bushes to see if anyone was trailing behind the two of you. diluc, with a smile still fresh on his lips, shook his head again, "i told them to take off for the day, it's only us." he set the woven basket down onto the picnic blanket, ready to begin to set everything out for your afternoon date but stops when he sees you looking around again.

there's a shuffle beside you but you don't look dismissing it as just diluc who's probably just setting up, but you didn't expect his hand to gingerly cup your chin and point your face back to his direction, "[name]," he calls, that gentle smile somehow becoming even warmer and inviting, "you're worrying, what's wrong?" he asks, you shake your head in his hold, "i'm not worrying..."

"but you're doing that thing with your lip." on cue, his thumb glides across your bottom lip, "you chew it when you're nervous or worried, you do it a lot when you're working..."

"is this selfish of me?" you cut in, not that you ignored his observation about you, because in all honesty it did make you heart beat faster than usual, but there's a constant thought that keeps bothering you.

"i don't think you're capable.." he dismisses, "you have work to do, a lot of it." you continue, "that's not my priority right now, you are." his faces inches closer to yours, placing a tender kiss upon your lips, "besides i'm sure everything will be fine for a day."

"okay but what if someone catches us..." you breathe onto his lips as he goes in for another kiss, you let him interrupt you because it's not a rude interruption, it's a good on, so good, you'd ramble if it meant he'd interrupt you like this.

"they won't." another kiss,

"we're visible...." another kiss, "from the hill," you continue drawly, as he becomes more urgent, his hands cupping the back of your head, invitingly to deepen the kiss, but begrudgingly you slowly pull away with tiny kisses on his lips, "the food will
get cold and your efforts will be wasted." you smile, accepting, he pressed his forehead against yours, "i did make your favorite." he smiles once he sees your eyes light up, "[favorite dessert]?" you ask he backs away from you,

flipping one of the baskets flaps and taking out a plastic covered plate with the dessert with it, neatly put together and decorated especially for you with its icing decor, "is that my hair bow?" you ask, your hands reach out to the plate which he kindly gives you, shyness takes over his features, "i had sometime." he waves you off, "mhm" you press your lips together to contain the bright smile threatening to escape, "i didn't think you'd even notice it,"

his brows dropped, "you wear it all the time."
"i wear my favorite shoes all the time too bet you can't remember those," you challenge, but he smiles, "i do remember them, and they're not the ones you have on because i got you these." he states, making your brows lift with surprise.

he laughs, "your gonna make me admit it?"

"that you think about me all the time?" you smirk,
he rolls his eyes, "that i adore you." he says instead,

"adore me." you repeat mindlessly, he sighs and continues to take out all the food he prepared, all foods you love that's he noticed too.

"your making this really hard for me." i groan, "and you're doing it on purpose."

he shrugs, a knowing smile on his lips, "what do you want to eat first?"

. . .

you adjust your head against his arm, the two of you already ate everything he made, the sun beginning to set letting its golden rays settle onto the both of you, "i like days like this." you sigh, watching the clouds slowly move in the sky, "me too." his sigh's heavier, like there's a weight in his chest, "we should have more of them."

"we make up for it in a lot of ways." you point out, "like when we have our reading session after you work...or when you carry to bed insisting you can't sleep without me," you giggle, "and we don't even sleep instead just laugh about stupid things that happened that day."

"yeah..", he smiles, a small sigh of contentment attached to his words, his nearly asleep hand weakly but successfully pushing a stray hair from your face

"i like any day with you 'luc." you lift your head to meet his eyes,

not long after he sits up as well, "you're making this difficult."

you smirk before looking up,

"the sun is setting." you point out innocently,

"too dark to travel.." he adds,

"very risky." you say, a long stare exchanges between the two of you, your heart picks up with each breath until finally his hand meets again with the back of your head, pressing his lips against yours urgently, with need and passion.

suddenly your drowned with warmth, you feel feverish, a shaky breath flowing past your lips as you both part for air, "we can go in the house if you want...it's a short walk." he mumbles against your skin his lips kissing down your neck,
playfully biting it just to hear you gasp before kissing over it soon after, as if soothing the mark.

your eyes glued shut, your cheeks flourishing with warmth, blushing heavily as you sigh "no." he hasn't even touched below your shoulders and you're already a mess.

he chuckles at your response, his hand settles on your lower back, slowly guiding you back onto the picnic blanket, his body hovering above yours.

a/n:
to be continued? idk if i should write the rest of the smut chap for this...lmk what y'all think :D

© -Dxliqhted