When we got to the quidditch pitch all the boys got on the brooms, while Pandora and I settled in the stands, watching the game instead of playing. All the boys were on the Slytherin quidditch team, so they were all plenty good at playing. Avery and Barty were beaters, Evan was a chaser, and I already knew that Regulus was a seeker. They didn't have enough numbers though, so their positions were changed to cater to the small amount of people playing.

I stared at Regulus as he flew, mesmerised. He was so elegant while flying, moving in fluid, graceful movements and outflying the others by far. It was enthralling to watch him, and I'll admit I got a bit distracted watching him than actually keeping score of the game.

"He's happy when he's with you," Pandora said, noting what I was looking at.

I felt heat rush to me cheeks from being caught staring, but also felt a blessed warmth fill my heart at her words.

"You think?"

Pandora nodded, her gaze flickering from me to Regulus. "Yeah. He's much more open now that he's with you. You're doing him a lot of good." Her face contorted into one of concern as she stared at me. "I'm just worried about his parents and what they'll say when they find out he's dating you. I'm sure they already know, because purebloods are nothing if not gossips, and it scares me. I don't want him to get hurt."

I felt a similar concern weigh me down, staring at Regulus as he flew through the sky, seemingly worry free. "I'm worried too. He never mentioned what his parents reactions were when he defied them, and honestly I'm scared to ask." I let out a humourless laugh. "Not very Gryffindor of me, I'll admit."

Pandora gave me a smile, moving to grab my hand. "That's what everyone here seems to forget. What house you're in is not who you are. Did you know you're actually only sorted into the houses that you share similar values with? Not because you actually are whatever they represent? For example, you can be in Slytherin and not be ambitious, you just value ambition. Or a Ravenclaw who doesn't enjoy learning, but values knowledge. It's the same with any other house. People forget why they were sorted into their house to begin with and end up hating whatever parts of them don't fit within that stereotype. A Slytherin doesn't have to be cunning. A Ravenclaw doesn't have to be wise. A Hufflepuff doesn't have to be kind, and, Y/n, you don't have to always be brave. It's okay to be scared."

I smiled at Pandora. "Wow, that was something. Thank you, though. I needed to hear that."

Pandora smiled back and squeezed my hand in a comforting gesture. My smile widened with the knowledge that I had people, just like Pandora, who cared about me. That I had a family other than the one I was born into.

Dorcas eventually arrived with a basket of food and the boys stopped their game. We decided to have a picnic on the quidditch pitch grass, because Dorcas had had the good insight to bring along a picnic blanket. I sat next to Regulus and was reminded of our study date, all those months ago. I smiled.

"Hey Reg," I said. "Remember when we had that picnic study session outside one time?"

Regulus raised his eyebrow curiously and nodded. "Yeah, why?"

I leaned into whisper into his ear. "I lied that day. I'd said I noticed what everyone wore, but it wasn't true. I just noticed you."

A smile came over Regulus's face at my words and then suddenly he was kissing me, a hand resting against my neck and the other against my cheek. I leaned into the kiss, savouring the feeling of his lips against mine, before we were interrupted.

"Get a room!" Barty hollered.

Regulus and I broke apart, sharing a look as we rolled our eyes at Barty's behaviour. We were told to keep our hands to ourselves from Evan who barely managed to supress his laughter and give us a stern look. We followed his instructions though, and I stuffed my hands into my pockets, only to find something already in there.