"secondly, i don't even believe you have a plan."

"i have part of a plan!"

"part of a plan?" cassandra hummed unsurely.

drax walked forward slightly. "what percentage of a plan do you have?" he asked peter. gamora glared sharply at drax. "you don't get to ask questions after the nonsense you pulled on knowhere." gamora suddenly sneered, pointing at drax.

"i just saved quill." drax stated matter-of-factly. "we've already established that you destroying the ship that i'm on is not saving me." peter cut in, and drax's brows furrowed as he looked at quill. "when did we establish that?"

"like, three seconds ago!"

drax shrugged simply. "i wasn't listening, i was thinking of something else."

gamora groaned loudly and put her head in her hands. cassandra sighed in annoyance and hummed. "yeah, she's right, you don't get an opinion. dad, what percentage of a plan do you have?" she looked up at her dad as she repeated drax's question.

"i don't know.. twelve percent?" peter shrugged his shoulders, and cassandra scoffed loudly in response.

rocket bursted out laughing as cassandra pushed past her dad and walked away, angrily shoving her boot into a metal wall of the milano. peter glanced back at her, jumping slightly at the action, though this wasnt a big surprise because, being raised around ravagers who all had severe anger issues, cassandra always physically expressed her anger whenever it built up too much. she let out a frustrated groan as she kicked the milano with each word she spoke, loud bangs erupting throughout the ship."this. is. so. stupid!" she was so frustrated at everything, especially her dad's recklessness.

rocket buckled forward, hand wrapped around his stomach as he laughed loudly. "oh, c'mon! that's a fake laugh!"

"it's real! this is the most real authentic, hysterical laugh of my entire life because that is not a plan!"

"it's barely a concept." gamora mumbled. cassandra folded her arms, laid them against the wall, and she leaned her forehead against it as she let out a frustrated sigh."you're– y'know what? i gotta go talk to my kid. make fun of me all you want."

"i am groot."

"it's better than eleven percent? so what?"

"thank you, groot, thank you." peter sighed as he walked over to cassandra, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her into a hug. cassandra looked up at him, lips pressed together.

"you okay?" peter asked softly, reaching forward and pushing a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "dad, you're such an idiot." cassandra whispered. she punched his chest and laid her forehead against his shoulder. peter ran a hand through her hair, strands entwining inbetween his fingers.

"i know i am." peter laughed softly. cassandra smiled softly. "just.. twelve percent?"

"you gotta hear me out on it." he grinned. "i promise you, it's a really good twelve percent."

"dad, if it's not a good plan, i'm moving back in with the ravagers."

"and if you do that, you'll be eaten in a day." peter chuckled, walking with her back to the others. gamora was gazing at him with a soft expression that cassandra immediately noticed. peter clapped his hands together."alright guys. come on. yondu is gonna be here any second, and he expects to hear this big plan of ours. i need your help. i look around at us, you know what i see? losers. i mean, like, folks who have lost stuff. and we have. man, we have. all of us. our homes, our families," his arm wrapped around cassandra's shoulders, and he pulled her forward slightly. "normal lives. and, usually, life takes more than it gives, but not today. today, it's given us something. it has given us a chance." cassandra smiled softly and pressed her lips together.

"to do what?" rocket muttered.

"to give a shit. for once, not run away. i, for one, am not gonna stand by and watch as ronan wipes out billions of innocent lives."

"but, quill, stopping ronan, it's impossible. you're asking us to die." rocket said lowly. "yeah, i guess i am.. i.." peter sighed, turning to the group, hoping his speech got to somebody. cassandra walked forward, and hesitated– but she laid a hand on her dad's shoulder and smiled weakly, unsure of what to say. peter turned to her and pushed her hair behind her ears, smiling at her. "i'm not going to let anything happen to you. you know that. you trust me, don't you?"

"i do." she exhaled sharply. "i probably shouldn't, 'cause you're an idiot.. but i kind of have to, 'cause you're my dad, and i love you."

"..i love you too." peter smiled.

gamora's gaze softened, and she slowly stood to her feet. "quill, i have lived most my life surrounded by my enemies.i will be grateful to die among my friends."

drax followed suit, and he rose to his feet and smiled."you are an honorable man, quill. i will fight beside you. and in the end, see my wife and daughter again."

"i am groot." groot stood to his feet, joining the rest of them. they all looked expectantly at rocket, and rocket looked up at them with wide, beady eyes before sighing and giving in. he stood up to join the others.

"oh, what the hell. i don't got that long a lifespan, anyway." rocket breathed out. "now i'm standing. you all happy? we're all standing up now."

"woo!" cassandra cheered sarcastically, which made peter stifle a chuckle.

"we're a bunch of jackasses standing in a circle."

ஓ๑♡๑ஓ

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 ; 1316
[ tysm for reading! any interaction/ appreciation is appreciated!! <3 ]