one

Keziah.

October, 1997.

There was a time and place for erect nipples.

Keziah, standing in front of the sink early morning as she brushed her teeth, had erect nipples underneath her big T-shirt.

She didn't have hard nipples because she was cold but because she was thinking about murdering Hermione Granger.

It was nothing personal, no. It was also not the most appropriate time to have erect nipples.

Hermione didn't even do anything to her. Not a single thing.

Keziah just couldn't help but ponder what someone like Hermione Granger would do seconds before a gruesome death.

Hermione was intelligent and well-spoken. She always appeared put-together and acted like she was the human version of a dictionary and a thesaurus.

She was oddly judgemental and did not hide it very well. She had a way of shitting all over fun as well. She had no clue what the thrill of being spontaneous was.

Plan this and plan that. This and that. Do this now as this later. It's too early for this. Too late for this. Wrong time for this.

Spontaneity was probably Hermione's greatest nightmare.

So what would someone like that do in their last moments before death? Recite the A category of the dictionary? Ask for one last question to answer correctly? Recall the ingredients and instructions for a potion?

Keziah wanted to know.

She'd thought about how Harry Potter would act.

Him and his stupid heroic role in the Wizarding World. The boy who lived.

What if the boy who lived just died? By Keziah, a shadow and Muggle at Hogwarts?

She could see him fight very hard for his life, perhaps even negotiate. He would try to trick her too, without a doubt.

He would speak bravado words and show such ambition and courage. He would fling and flick his wand around, fighting for his gift to live.

She even thought about how Ron Weasley would act.

He was shadowed by his friends. It was clear as day to anyone with eyes. So he would probably fight as hard as he could. He would definitely not give up without a fight.

He would also probably be quite impulsive when trying to save his own life, and then face his destiny with failure.

It was very wrong for Keziah to be thinking about killing her boyfriend's brother actually. Very wrong.

Even more wrong to think about murdering her boyfriend's brother's friends. Actually, no. The other two didn't mean even a speck of dirt to Keziah.

Ron meant nothing to her either, but for her boyfriend's sake, she would make very frail attempts at trying not to fantasize about killing him.

A boyfriend. Yeah, Keziah had one of those.

It was even a shock to her. Who knew Fred Weasley, one of two deviously infamous tricksters that were a year older, would have noticed her?

Well, actually, considering they were in the same house, they were bound to cross paths. Without a doubt. It was inevitable.

But still. Keziah was a complete and utter nobody at Hogwarts. She stayed within the shadows and observed from afar and kept to herself.