Chapter 11

As I walked back to my family's hut, all I could think about was Ao'nung and Tarsem. Who was I going to choose? I liked Tarsem quite deeply but what we had wasn't really anything. That wasn't my main concern though, what I was worried about was betraying my clan, and my parents. But I did like Ao'nung too, I liked him more than Tarsem in fact, but what would my parents think about us. I truly didn't know what to do, it was either I chose my clan or the boy my heart desired.

I was soon snapped out of my thoughts when I entered the hut to see my mother and father staring at me. "Where have you been daughter?" Mother asked me.

"I went for a walk."

"For that long?" Father joined in.

"Yes." I began fidgeting with my hands.

"What is wrong my child?" Mother asked, noticing my actions.

"Nothing, how's Kiri?" I attempted to change the topic.

"She's just fine. Now don't lie to me child, I can tell when something bothers my girl." Mother then tapped the ground next to her. "Sit."

I walked over and sat down beside her. "Mother what would you do if your child liked someone other than the person their supposed to be mated to."

Mother looked at dad with a smirk before turning back towards me. "Why do you ask?"

"I'm just curious. I mean, what did grandmother think of you and dad?"

"She didn't like it at first, but she grew to accept it. I thought you liked Tarsem though?"

"Mother! This isn't about me!" She just chuckled.

" Mhm, just know that whatever you decide, we are always going to support you. Just saying."

I looked at mother with a sorrowful look. "But what would the clan think?"

"So, this is about you?" Dad interrupted with a laugh. Mother shot him an annoyed glare.

"They will grow to except it. And if you're worried about what Tarsem would think, just know that a little birdie told me that he has already chosen someone else." Mom said while wrapping me in a hug.

It kind of hurt me that Tarsem had already chosen another mate, but it also excited me. "Thank you, mother."

"Who's the boy anyway?" Dad asked, and I just rolled my eyes.

"None of your business dad!" I said with a giggled and he chuckled.

"Oh, come on! Please." He begged sarcastically.

"You will find out later on dad, I'm going to sleep now."

"Fine" he gave up.

I made my way over to beside Neteyam who was already asleep and laid down across from him. I began to drift off but the only think I could think of was tomorrow.

I knew who I was going to choose.

A/N

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading my story! This is a pretty short chapter, but I hope y'all enjoy!