-ೃ⁀➷ 𝟐. reunions

❝𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐮𝐬 ❞

[ ch. 2: reunions ]

-𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐨𝐯-

A loud thunder woke me, and I rose up from the bed I was in, with no idea of the time nor place I was in for several minutes. Once I had composed myself, I took note that it was still raining outside; it turned into a thunder storm during my slumber. The once crystal clear windows were now coated in water droplets, each singular one reflecting it's surroundings. It must've been freezing, but in the cozy warmth of the hospital bed, I felt comforted.

Just as I was about to shut my eyelids to sleep for a while longer, something next to me moved. That's when I remembered Five was sleeping, too. I tried to get up, not wanting for him to see us in that awkward position; but I failed as the grip on my arm was too strong for me to get out of. I sighed, shaking him to get up, too. "We should get up, we've been resting enough." I spoke softly, as not to wake him too abruptly.

For a moment, it was quiet. Five muttered something inaudible to me, tugging on my sleeve. "Huh?" I inquired, wanting to know what he just said. But, that moment faded as quick as it came, and he yawned, standing from the bed.

"Nothing." he replied, brushing it off. I wanted to pry, but didn't. It was not the time to be so fixated on little things.

"I know you said there isn't any plan, but do you have any idea how we're going to find everyone in a timely manner?" I inquired hopefully, but also knew that Five was indeed, human, and probably didn't have a plan.

"Not exactly. Unless we could find their names in a telephone book... which I don't think is going to happen, considering they most likely don't have any type of identification or citizenship in the 60's." He paced around the small hospital room, as I stood next to a rusty mirror on the wall, trying to fix my hair in the reflection.

"I mean, they do have powers; maybe they've gotten in the papers somehow. That's how you found both me and Diego, isn't it?" I absentmindedly picked at a scab on my cheek until it started bleeding, and turned to glance at Five. He kept pacing around, mumuring incoherent calculations and numbers. I sighed, realizing he wasn't listening, then grabbed his shoulder.

"Five." I said sternly, but he shoved me off.

"Just a second..." He mumbled. This continued for several minutes. I finally got tired and grabbed his tie tightly in my hand, closing in my fist around it. I pulled it closer to me, thus taking him with it.

"Five. Fucking. Hargreeves." I made eye contact with him, at last gaining his attention. "Stop it. You're spiraling into panic. Calculations and mathematics aren't going to always save you." I softened my tone once I had his undivided attention, sighing.

It was quiet. I noticed the dazed expression, and widened eyes on his face. As well as a hint of pink. Glancing down at my hand, which was still tightened around his tie, I let go. "Uhm... anyways." I broke the eye contact, getting a bit flustered. "We need to find your family, and soon. We're already wasting time like this. How about we split up? I'll ask around the hospital, and see if anyone knows anything. You, on the other hand, do whatever you can think of to get information..." I finished explaining my plan.

"Alright.. I don't necessarily have a plan yet, so I'll listen to you for now." Five nodded, and was about to spacial jump. I grabbed his wrist, stopping him, to which he looked at me in question.

"Sorry. I forgot something." I kissed his cheek, then ran out of the room, embarrassed out of my mind. I prayed he wouldn't find me; and he didn't, thankfully.