two

(Since Jay and Sunghoon are twins here, I'll change Jay's birthday to December eight. Please don't be confused.)

For three consecutive days, Jay have been coincidentally meeting the handsome stranger on the flower shop.

On the fourth day, Jay saw the stranger standing before the shop's door, holding four pieces of thorn less red rose in his hands. Jay was about to enter the shop when the stranger handed him one rose.

"I've observed you buy a single thorn less red rose every day. It's my birthday today, think of this as a gift," the stranger said, smiling brightly at him.

Jay blinked his eyes, staring at the rose being offered at him.

"My younger brother is currently under-going heartbreak, it is his favorite flower so I make sure to buy him three every day. It is the least I could do to make him happy," the stranger furtherly explained.

"Do you also love these?" The stranger asked, hoping for a response.

Jay finally took the rose from the stranger's hand as he shyly smiles back at him.

"Thanks and happy birthday," Jay mumble under his breath.

"I'm Sunoo, Kim Sunoo," the stranger, Sunoo, said.

Jay nodded his head in acknowledgement, Sunoo smiled wider.

"I'll be going, my Mom's probably waiting for me at home, see you tomorrow!"

Before Jay could speak, Sunoo started walking away.

+++

The following day, Jay made it to the shop earlier than usual and bought four pieces of his thorn less red rose. He stood up before the shop’s door and patiently waited for Sunoo.

“Let me guess, is it your birthday today?” Sunoo said as soon as he spotted Jay before the shop.

“No, it's in December eight,” Jay shook his head.

“Then why are you giving me free red roses?” Sunoo curiously asked.

Jay raised his eyebrow, “This isn't for you,” he said, trying not to sound too intimidated.

Sunoo is too good looking, it made Jay feel insecure about his appearance. Just as then, he felt bad for uttering the words when he saw how Sunoo's lips form a small pout.

“Then, for whom are those?” Sunoo asked.

Jay looked down on the four roses in his hand. He split it away and extended his arms holding three roses toward Sunoo.

“A payback from yesterday,” Jay said.

“Oh,” Sunoo smiled proudly as he took the roses in his hands. “Ni-ki will surely love these, thank you.”

Jay also smile as he watches how Sunoo smelled the roses. He then started walking towards the nearby church to complete his daily routine. To his surprise, Sunoo followed behind.

“Don't you have anything else to do?” Jay couldn’t help but ask.

“Me?” Sunoo pointed at himself, “I won the bet with Jake-hyung, he's going to do all my chores for the whole week. I was right about our older brother beating up the jerk who hurt our precious Ni-ki.”

For a brief second, Jay thought about his twin’s bleeding lips. He also notices the purple-ish color on his eyes. Although they know Sunghoon as the black sheep of the family, Jay knew Sunghoon would never join a fist-fight. Sunghoon valued his face more than anything else.