Chapter 3

"When the dust settles the way is clear. Till then we must endure."

Y/n was Jogging alongside Gandalf and Pippin through the streets of Minas Tirith.

Gandalf robes moved with each step as he hurriedly spoke to the small hobbit.

"Peregrin Took my lad, there is a task now to be done. Another opportunity for one of the Shire folk to prove their great worth." the wizard lead them to the base of a great stone tower when he stopped and placed a warm hand onto the Hobbits shoulder. "You must not fail me."

Pippin have determined nod before running over to the tower and began climbing up.

"Can I help somehow?" asked the pirate but Gandalf just shook his head.

"Hobbits are light on her feet and Perigrin Took is a good climber. No this is a task that he must do."

Y/n nodded while reminiscing all the times that she had tried sneaking up on people and failed miserably. Be that due to an over consumption of rum, badly placed treasure or the just company of Jack. Truly going unnoticed wasnt really her specialty.

So Y/n settled to watching the hobbit make his way up the tower and to the beacon atop.

The woman couldn't help but cheer and chuckle quietly when she saw the wood pile burst into flames and the confused soldiers guarding it started to run about in panic, having an upmost terrible day all of a sudden.

Gandalf joined her laughter, a new hope alight in his heart along with the fiery beacon.

Quickly he walked along the stone path to a position where he could better view the mountains in the distance where another fire was lit, starting a mile long journey of flames.

"Hope is kindled!" spoke Gandalf sighing a relieved breath.

Aragon still sat on the wooden bench staring of into the distance when suddenly, finally, a fire was lit along the horizon.

His breathing halted as he took his smoking wooden pipe from his dry lips.

As soon as he regained his breath he jumped up and ran to the castle storming in through the door of the throne room.

"The beacons of Minas Tirith! The beacons are lit!"

Théoden and his generals turned to him with widened eyes.

"Gondor calls for aid."

The King hesitated for a short while before he spoke in a final tone.

"And Rohan will answer! Muster the Rohirrim. Quickly he started giving orders to his men. Assemble the army at Dunharrow, as many men as can be found. You have two days. On the third, we ride for Gondor and war."

Éomer and the soldiers started following his orders and quickly walked out of the large room.

"Make haste across the Riddermark. Summon every able-bodied man to Dunharrow." continued Théoden.

Aragon looked across the hall to Legolas who was watching with large eyes.

"Hin anand cín emel wehl hiaél, mellon nin." (Soon your heart will heal, my friend.) spoke the ranger with conviction.

Legolas could only solemnly nod trying to believe his friends words.

~~~^~~~

Y/n was tossing small rocks at a barrel standing further down an ally way when Gandalf appeared next to her.

"Faramir, Boromirs brother, needs our help. He rides to Minas titith but his men are dying. Come!"

The pirate did not hesitate as she jumped up.