Chapter 1

Y/N was hurrying along to keep up with the arguing wizard and hobbit.

They were outside heading to the stable.

Y/ns head was buzzing, the eyes of Legolas still burnt into her memory. She was upset.

Upset that she was put into this situation, upset that she couldn't just go home and upset-she didn't really know what else she was upset about. Only that her heart was heavy, her stomach queasy and her brows furrowed.

"Of all the Hobbits, Peregrin Took, you are the worst! Hurry! Hurry!" the voice of Gandalf interrupted her brooding mood.

"Where are we going?" asked the small redhead, even turning to the pirate for an answer.

"Why did you look? Why do you always have to look?" joined in Merry who was running alongside them.

"I don't know, I can't help it." answered Pippin.

"You never can!" burst out his cousin.

Pippin tried to defend himself: "I'm sorry alright? I won't do it again.

"Dont you understand?" Merry was at the end of his line. "The enemy thinks you have the ring! He is going to be looking for you Pip. They have to get you out of here."

Pippin stopped mid step. And you? You're coming with me?" Merry started to walk away. "Merry?" yelled he now unsettled. Merry turned around while still walking.

"Come on!"

Pippin then turned to y/n.

"But you'll be coming with me? Right?"

The woman nodded.

"I'll be by your side."

Gandalf lifted Pippin onto the back of the white horse Shadowfax, while y/n mounted her own steed.

"How far is Minas Tirith?" asked Pippin sounding fearful.

"Three days ride as the Nazgul flies. And you'd better hope we don't have one of those on our tail." answered the wizard.

"Here, something for the road." said Merry as he handed Pip a leather pouch.

"The last of the Longbottom Leaf?" gasped Pippin in disbelief.

"I know you've run out. You smoke too much Pippin." lectured Merry his voice sounding as if he was about to cry.

"But we'll see each other soon?" asked the younger one trying to reassure himself.

Merry looked across at Gandalf, not answering.

"Wont we?" he repeated.

Merry looked up at Pippin.

"I don't know! I don't know whats going to happen." he burst out as he backed away upset.

"Merry?" called Pip.

Y/n shook her head trying not to be affected by the heartache in his voice and her own heavy feelings.

Gandalf suddenly turned to her.

"Are you sure, you want to come with us? It might be best to stay here. And mend things." We're the wizards carefully chosen words.

Y/n hesitated and turned to look behind.

In the distance she saw Legolas standing beside Aragon, silently begging her to stay.

Quickly she turned away.

"Quite." she answered bluntly.

Gandalf could do nothing but nod sadly.

"Run, Shadowfax show us the meaning of haste." he ordered his horse. Y/n too gave the commands to her horse as pippin called back to Merry, terrified of separation.