53/ Merry Christmas.

Mulai dari awal

"You don't have to get upset with me." I say and he grabs my hand. "I'm sorry, I'm not. Well, I don't mean too." he says and I nod slowly.

"Appetizers are out!" My Aunt yells. "Dinner will be done shortly."

After a hour or two we eat a whole bunch of food. We ate ham, potatoes, a bunch of different casseroles and a whole bunch more.

That baby Julia was here and Hero and I played with her a little.

As we're playing with Julia I get the most unexpected call.

I grab my phone and I am confused. "Is it Jack?!" Hero yells and gets scared. "No! Mercy." I say and he calms down.

"Mercy?" I ask.

"Jo, I know we aren't on good terms and fuck I know Hero hates me but you guys need to come to my house right now." she says.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"You're dad is here and my father isn't. My mother and your dad keep sneaking off and I don't know what's going on but I am scared as hell." she says and my jaw drops and I stand up. "Is my mom there?!" I yell into the phone.

"No, no. I don't know where she's at and when I asked my mother said she has work."

"My mother never works on christmas." I say and I look at Hero. "We're coming soon, I'm two hours away." I say.

"Get here as fast as you can. I am so scared and confused what the hell is going on!" she yells into the phone. "Leaving now." I say and hang up.

"We have to go to your house. Now." I say picking up Julia and handing her to her mom in the living room as Hero is asking me why and I'm avoiding him as I walk to my room. "The frat house?" he asks.

"No, your mom and dads house." I say and he runs his hand through his hair. "Are you being sarcastic?" he asks.

"No. Your mom and dads house! Mercy called me and said my dad is at your house and my mom isn't. I don't know why and she keeps saying they're sneaking around."

"What!?" he yells.

"We have to go." I say.

"I don't want to go." he says. "I hate Mercy, I hate your dad and I barely tolerate my mom." he says.

"I understand, but that isn't the point." I say and sigh. "Why do we need to go? To get told lies?" he asks.

"I think my dad is cheating on my mom." I say and his eyes go wide. "You think?" he laughs and I don't.

"Remember when he was at your house that one time? Then he suddenly disappeared.  He was spending so much money at the casino with another woman who had a lot of money that he sure as hell didn't have." I say.

"You can not be serious." he says.

"It makes sense!" I yell and hold my hands together.

"Jo, I understand you're stressed and have so much going on right and this happening right now is probably not helping things but I don't want to go there and there is probably no reason to go. My mother probably invited your parents there and your mother couldn't make it and my father is probably there Mercy is just crazy." he laughs and drinks a glass of his beer.

"I will have my Aunt take me down there right now." I grit.

"Fine. Fuck!" he yells and the house goes silent as he walks down the hall and grabs my purse and says bye to my Aunt.

He walks outside. I say bye to everyone,

I get into the car and he's sitting there impatiently. "Ready?" I ask.