15 ~ Let's start from the beginning

Start from the beginning

"Then why the hell did you leave instead of pulling that girl out of your husband's lap and slapping her right in the face?" Meeta said, frustrated. Meera settled into her previous position and said,

"Kabhi Kabhi jab aap kisi ko shiddat se chahte ho toh puri kaynaat jut jaati hai aapko usse juda karne mein (Sometimes when you desire something with all your heart then the entire universe would work against you to snatch it away from you). Love isn't always enough for relationships to sustain, sweetheart. Believe me, when I say this, till the time Meera is breathing, she is Kabir's. I might be away from him, but we will remain one. You fall in love once, but it completes you for more than a lifetime. Even when he completely forgets me, marries a new girl, or has children from them, we would remain united. He might fall in love again, but it would never be the same as what we shared. It is a union of souls, my dear. Neither the distance nor the relation and not even a few legal papers can set us apart," she said, making me crave to hold her. Kabir is hers, alive or dead.

"If you love him so much, then why did you leave him in the assumption of being responsible for hurting you and losing you? Why did you leave him in the middle of flames of guilt?" she asked.

"I am not guilty of leaving him. I consider myself guilty for instilling loneliness deep inside his soul, which is reflected in his eyes," she answered. If she knows the loneliness seeped inside me, then she must know that she is the cure to it too and no one else can take it out from my insides except her.

"Why are you guys even away then? Why are you hurting him so much? Go back to him," Meeta said, exasperated.

"He doesn't belong to me," she said, making me boil inside.

"Then do it. I know when Meera wants it, she gets it. Go on, stop his damned engagement. Make him belong to you," she said.

"Meera would want anything but a reunion on the cost of things that are kept at stake right now," she said.

"When will you tell me what went wrong? I have asked you more than a hundred times," she said, frustrated.

"That's for me to bear and you to never ask. What happened in the past is done and dusted. Neither the girl who left that house that day would return nor the relationships left behind would rekindle," she answered. If she doesn't want past relationships to hijack her life, so be it. I would choose to become her present. Whether today or tomorrow she is mine and nobody can change this fact. I would win her back to know the complete truth. I wish to know and share her pain. I have no idea about her reason, but one thing is clear: she never stopped trusting me.

"I don't know your reasons, and neither do I wish to know them. Just do something so that you come out of your shell and get me back the Meera we have lost to time. The only way to do that is to let Kabir enter your heart," she said.

"I am afraid this would lead to some irreparable damage. I was able to live after leaving him once, but I would die if this happens again. I can't love selflessly anymore because now if I let him enter, I would never let him leave. I will tie him to me. Even if he begs me to leave him I won't be able to do it this time. I was strong enough back then, but now with all this mess, I won't be able to handle one more separation. I am not the one for him. This is not my insecurity speaking this is the reality. It is not because I don't trust his love. It is because he is unaware of so many things that won't let us be together," she said. She is afraid that she wouldn't be able to leave me again? Let me grab you once, my vixen. I will see how you even think about leaving me. I have lived each moment without her like a lifeless body. There's no way in hell I am letting her out of my sight. I would coalesce heaven and hell to know what is keeping us apart.