26 | Finding Billy

Start from the beginning

"Her nose is bleeding. Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Isadora asked the girls. Laura and Max looked at each other before Max finally spoke up.

"Uh, well, Eleven has powers, which she is currently using to try and help us find Heather," Max explained. Isadora stared at Max as she tried to make sense of what the younger girl had just told her. How did Eleven have powers? Isadora had never believed in the supernatural and a part of her wondered if she should pinch herself right now to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"P-Powers? What the hell are you talking about? And how exactly is this supposed to help us find Heather? And what does any of this have to do with Billy?" Isadora asked the girls.

"By finding Heather, we might find Billy," Laura told her.

"Why would Heather and Billy be together?" Isadora asked.

"We will explain everything later, but right now we have more important things to focus on," Max told Isadora before she turned her attention towards Eleven, "Is it possible Heather could be at her home? I mean, we haven't checked there yet."

"Maybe we should check Heather's house," Isadora finally suggested, as she realised Max probably wasn't going to tell her anything right now, but she hoped the younger girl would explain everything to her at some point.

"Isadora's right. Heather's house might be our best bet at finding Billy right now," Laura nodded in agreement.

"Are you coming with us, Issi?" Max asked Isadora, who looked towards the younger girl and nodded.

"Yes, I want to know what's going on, and besides, I need to talk to Billy," Isadora said.

"What are you going to do if he is at Heather's house?" Max asked her. Isadora shrugged as she looked down at her hands, not knowing what to say. A big part of her was hoping that he wouldn't be at Heather's house, because it didn't even make any sense to her why he would go there but she was beginning to suspect that there was something going on, something that made absolutely no sense to her.

"I don't know, Max, but let's go," Isadora said. Max, Laura and Eleven all nodded before the girls hurried to grab their bikes, and Isadora was glad she had brought her bike with her today and had not walked to the community pool like she had originally planned to. As they rode their bikes in the direction of Heather's house, it was pouring down with rain and while Eleven, Max and Laura were all protected by their raincoats, Isadora was completely soaked through but right now she didn't really care. The girls rode their bikes until they arrived at a house and as the four girls came to a stop, Isadora looked at the house, as Max looked towards Eleven.

"Is this it?" Max asked. Isadora saw Eleven nodding and the four girl dropped their bikes on the ground before making their way towards the house, and Isadora went to knock on the door, but Laura stopped her as Eleven used her powers to blast open the door.

"Wait, we can't just ... alright, I guess we're breaking into the Holloway house then," Isadora groaned, as she followed the three younger girls into the house and started looking around. As she walked in, Isadora could hear some music playing and she looked at Max, before they started making their way down the hallway, only to come to a stop in front of a picture of a young family, and Isadora guessed it was of Heather with her parents.

"This is her house," Max said.

"What?"

"Heather's house," Max replied. Isadora looked at her before she heard laughter filling the house and she gestured to the three younger girls to follow her before the group made their way into the living room and soon reached the dining room, where Billy was eating dinner with Heather's parents and Isadora froze and stared at her boyfriend.

"He's so funny," the mother laughed.

"Max," Billy said, as the four girls came to a stop in the living room. Max, Eleven and Laura were all dripping wet, but none of them were soaked through like Isadora was, whose wet blonde hair was plastered against her face, and she could see Heather's parents were staring at her.

"We didn't mean to ... barge in. We tried to knock, but ... maybe you didn't hear us over the storm," Max said, as Isadora watched Billy, who was chewing thoughtfully on his food.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?"

"I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this is my sister, Maxine," Billy said. Isadora started at Billy as he referred to Max as his sister. If she didn't know it before, in that moment Isadora knew something was wrong for in all the time she had known him, Billy had never once referred to Max as his sister.

"Oh!"

"What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Billy asked, as he approached them and the only thing Isadora could think about was how different and how un-Billy-like he sounded in that moment.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay," Laura said.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Where is she?" Eleven asked.

"I'm sorry, where is who?" Billy asked, as he focused his attention on Eleven, and Isadora couldn't help noticing that he hadn't even acknowledged her presence since she'd stepped foot into the house.

"Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry —" Heather Holloway said, as she walked into the dining room.

"Heather, this is my sister, Maxine and her friends, Laura and Isadora —" Billy said, as he introduced the three girls to Heather, but Isadora stared at him, as he introduced her as Max's friend, and in that moment she felt her heart breaking. Before she had the chance to say anything, Billy focused his attention on Eleven, "And I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name."

"El."

"El. Now, what is it you were saying, El? You were looking for somebody?" Billy asked her.

"I — I saw — I saw your —"

"Your manager, at the pool. He said you guys didn't come in to work today, so we got worried," Max explained.

"Heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day off to nurse her back to health," Billy told them. At that moment, Isadora clenched her small fists together as she stepped forward.

"Oh, isn't that just fantastic? My boyfriend was here nursing some random girl back to health," Isadora snapped, as she met Billy's eyes and saw a flicker of something in his eyes before he looked back towards Heather.

"But you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you, Heather?"

"I'm feeling so much better. Do you girls want a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven."

"Screw you and your cookies. Let's go, we're clearly wasting our time here," Isadora snapped before she turned and walked out of the house. As the four girls made their way back out into the storm, Isadora couldn't help looking over her shoulder at the Holloway house and as she looked back at the house, she couldn't help wondering why Billy was acting so strange and what he could possibly be hiding.

💔💔

Is took the cookies personally 😭

Enjoy! Xo

💔💔