version one, 15 years later

The sound of village life filled the air around a young girl.

She sat on the sand looking at the vast blue sea in front of her. Wonder was present in her eyes.

She looked as the waves crashed against each other and how the young Metkayina children played in the water.

A pair of hands slowly came over the young girls face and coverd her eyes.

"Guess who?" A cheeky voice said.

"Mom I know it's you." The girl turned around to meet her mothers gaze.

Her mother was a beautiful Metkayina with long dark breaded hair and multiple tattoos covering her body.

"What's wrong Neteya?" She questioned.

Neteya sighed and looked back at the sea, "I thought uncle Lo'ak was suppose to be back by now." Her voice was sad, but there was still a hint of wonder in it.

The woman wrapped her arms around her daughter and hugged her tightly.
"Well, uncle Lo'ak will be back any minute now, so don't be sad my little warrior."

Neteya giggled in her mothers arms and tried to fight her off. She managed to escape her mothers arms and started to run away in a playful manner.

The woman, of course, got up and ran after her daughter, together they playfully chased each other around the beach.

A tall figure appeared in the corner of the little girls eye. She stopped running and yelled out loudly, "dad!"

Neteya ran to her fathers arms which were also covered in tattoos. Her father had many on his arms and chest and even on his face. All those tattoos symbolized the battles that he had won, or very important things that had happened in his life.

The man picked his daughter up in one swift movement and hugged her tightly.
"Hey little warrior. How's it going?" He said.

"Me and mom are waiting for uncle Lo'ak to return from the expedition." She pointed towards the sea, to show how far away they were.

"Aa, I see," the man answered. He directed his gaze to his beautiful wife, who walked towards them and looked at both of them with a loving look in her eyes.

"How was the meeting?" She asked her husband.

"Oh you know, we finally agreed on a new fishing spot. After so many hours." He rolled his eyes.

The woman giggled at his response, "did your dad approve?" She asked him.

"Well yeah, but he still thinks I have so much to learn before becoming the next Olo'eyktan."

"Mom!! Their back!" Neteya yelled out. She pointed to the sky, where two Ikran flew towards the village.

Neteyas father put her down and she ran straight to the end of the beach, where the Ikran would land.

"Aonung," the woman started, she placed a hand on his shoulder and looked at him, "you are going to be a wonderful Olo'eyktan,"

She gave him a smile, Aonung placed his hand on hers and smiled back, "thank you Raeya."

He placed a small kiss on her hand before they walked to where the Ikran had already landed.

"Uncle Lo'ak!" Neteya screamed.

Lo'ak jumped down his Ikran and hugged the little girl. "Hey you, wow look how big you have grown!" Neteya giggled at his words and turned around to show him her beautiful tall body.

"You really have grown." Tsireya gently jumped down her own Ikran and walked to her friends.

"Lo'ak!" Raeya greeted her friend. She placed her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"It's so good to see the both of you. And wow Tsireya you have gotten so big!" Raeya walked to her friend and placed her hands on her pregnant stomach.

"Yeah we missed you too." She responded with a smile and rubbed her hand on her stomach.

Aonung walked to Lo'ak and greeted him with a hand shake, "welcome back bro."

-----
They walked back to Raeya and Aonungs Marui and sat down in a circle. "So where were you this time?" She asked.

"Well, Lo'ak took me to the Hallelujah mountains this time, and wow Raeya you should have seen them. They were so beautiful."

"Yeah I wish I could have come with you guys. But you know, duty calles." Raeya was referring to her job as the lead warrior of the clan, just like her father.

"Speaking of duty, Aonung, how's the learning thing going?" Lo'ak asked.

"Great, if my father decides that he wants to retire, I'll be taking his spot." He said in kind of annoying voice.

Just when he said that a young woman walked in, "So you come back and you don't even come to greet me, thanks alot bro!"

Lo'ak stood up and walked to his sister Kiri. They hugged and smiled to each other, both of them sat down again to join back in with the conversation.

"Hey, where is Tuk?" Lo'ak looked around him to fine his youngest sister, but she was nowhere to be seen.

Aonung and Raeya shared a look with each other and Raeya let out a small cough.

"Well, ever since you left, she has kinda been running around with one of the surfer guys."

Lo'aks face dropped. "What, a surfer? No, not my little sister. Where is she we need to have a few words."

He was about to stand up before Tsireya yanked him back down. Everyone burst out laughing at his reaction.

It was funny to see Lo'ak in the role of a big brother. Especially when that role used to belong to Neteyam.

After all, it had been 15 years since his passing, but Raeya didn't let a day go by without thinking about him.

But even without him, her life was happy and filled with joy. She married one of her best friends, she has a beautiful daughter, who shares a name with her first love, and she has a wonderful loving circle of friends and family.

She got everything that she had ever wanted. Even when it wasn't with him.

Omg, you guys I have been waiting to write this chaper for so long now. I got the idea for it so long ago, but I had to wait for the right time and place to write it.

What are your thoughts on this? I know that it's not a happy ending for Neteyam and Raeya, but I like to believe that those 15 years weren't just spent crying over him.

So leave me your thoughts on this chapter and in a few days or so I will release the second version of the ending.

Love you💜💜💜