Part 6

Lo'ak was sitting on the beach with Neteyam and Tuk, their younger sister.
Neteyam was helping Tuk build a small pond for fish in the sand. Lo'ak however was just sitting there. Well not exactly actually, he was sitting in a way so that he would be able to see Tsireya.

Tsireya was sitting on the other side of the beach with some of her other friends.

They were making something out of dryed seaweed and seashells. Possibly bracelets and necklaces.

But he didn't care for the things they were making, he just cared for Tsireya. He was burning his gaze into Tsireyas side. And Neteyam noticed.

"It's not gonna happen bro, you heard what Aonung said," Neteyam didn't need to look at Lo'ak to know what he was doing. He just guessed. And he was right.

"I wasn't doing anything," Lo'aks voice was quiet and had a sad tone. Lo'ak knew that even if Aonung was drunk that night, he was telling the truth.

Forest Na'vi and reef Na'vi do not belong together.

"We need more water, the fish will die if they don't have enough water," Neteyam explained to little Tuk.

He then stood up and went down to the beach.
He had a small coconut in his hand that he and Tuk had used before to get water for their little pond.

He reached down to get water, but he stopped as soon as he noticed Aonung and Raeya in the distance.

Raeya was sitting on an Ilu and Aonung was in the water, and they were talking.
She was actually smiling at him. And it looked like the event that had occurred a few day ago never happened.

Neteyam was so confused. The things that this Ka'i guy said and all the things he had witnessed that night and before. They had to mean something.

He knew the only way he would ever know, was if he asked, but not from Raeya or Aonung themselves, but someone else. Someone who knows both of them.

Tsireya.

He looked at Lo'ak, who was still staring at her. And saw an opportunity.

He took his water cup and ran back to Tuk.

"Hei, Tuk you can keep an eye on the fishes on your own for a little while, right?" Lo'ak looked up at Neteyam, wondering where he was about to go.

"Yes, of course I can, I'm not eight years old," Tuk said with a serious face.

"Yeah you're right, your nine years old Tuk," Lo'ak stated. Tuk stared back at him.

"Me and Lo'ak just have to go somewhere for a minute, but we'll be back"

"We are?" Lo'ak asked with a confused face.

Neteyam grabbed Lo'aks hand a dragged him with him.

"I need to talk to Tsireya, and you are gonna help me." He said with a determined voice.

Tsireya was sitting in a circle with her other friends crocheting some accessories.

"Oh, and I heard that Aonung almost beat one of them up at that party, is that true Tsireya?" one of the girls asked.

"What, no, Aonung was way to drunk to beat anyone up. He just threw insults at them, thats all." Tsireyas eyes were stuck at the bracelet in her hand. Her mind was going back to that night. She couldn't stop thinking about her accident with Lo'ak and all that went down after that.

To her it all went by in a blur, but the feeling of fear that she felt, when Aonung lost his cool was more terrifying than anything.

"Hi ladys,"

All the girls stopped what they were doing and looked at Lo'ak, who was standing there, with 'nervous' written all over his face.

"Lo'ak, what are you doing here?" Tsireya questioned.

Lo'ak could hear a few of them whispering to each other. 'Isn't that the one that tried to make a move on Tsireya?' 'Yeah and Aonung promised to kill him if he ever touched Tsireya again'

"I need to talk to you for a minute," he said and stepped back to gesture that he was in a hurry.

Tsireya stood up without a word and went with Lo'ak. Leaving all the girls to gossip about what they thought was true or false.

They walked over to the trees and stopped when they were far enough from everyone.

"Lo'ak, look I need to say something, I'm really sorry about ignoring you for the past few day, but Aonung-" she was cut of by Lo'ak looking behind her, not at her.

Tsireya turned around to see Neteyam standing there.

"Neteyam.. actually I needed to talk to you to, I really want to apologize abo-"

"Tsireya, I have to ask you something, please, you need to answer me truthfully." Neteyam said and looked at Tsireya.

Tsireya looked back at Lo'ak who just nooded and reassured her.

"What do you want to know," she felt the tension in Neteyam. She could tell that whatever he wanted to ask was important him.

"What's the deal with Aonung and Raeya?," he asked," I have heard some really weird things and I don't know what to believe."

Neteyams question made Tsireya really nervous.

"Why would you ask me about this, what makes you think that I know anything?" Her voice was a little shaky.

"Look, I don't think either of them really want to talk to me right now, so you are my only hope." Neteyam seemed desperate to know.

Tsireya sat down on a rock next to her. She sighed deeply and looked at Neteyam.

"It's kinda a long story," she started," but in short."

"You know how Raeyas dad is a know warrior in our clan, right? Well he is good friends with my father and quite a while ago they made this agreement."

Her eyes dotted between Lo'ak and Neteyam. She was reading their expressions.

She continued," The agreement was, that when Aonung and Raeya turn 18 they will be married and when Aonung becomes the next olo'eyktan, Raeya will be his wife and the new tsahìk." She blurted out in what seemed like one breath.

Both Neteyam and Lo'ak looked at each other.

So what Ka'i said was true. She really did belong to Aonung.