Part 13

Aonung and Neteyam had a talk that night. Aonung apologized for his behavior and for getting Lo'ak lost. He wanted to make things right now that he and Raeya were starting to get along again.

And Neteyam promised to try and become friends with him and his friends. Although he did make it clear that Aonung also had to apologize to Lo'ak, for leaving him outside the reef and for letting him take the blame for it.

Aonung was now the only one that knew about Neteyam and Raeya. This meant that whenever they wanted to be alone, Aonung could cover for them.

"Hei, have you seen Raeya, she was suppose to help me with something, but I can't find her," one of Raeyas friends had asked Aonung.

"Uuumm, I think she went diving in the lagoon. You can look there." He had to come up with realistic excuses for them.

Raeya was actually in the woods with Neteyam. And Aonung would rather not think about what they might have been doing there.

----
"Have you seen Raeya?"

"I think she went to the cove of the ancestors,"

"Did you see where Raeya went this morning?"

"Um no actually I haven't seen her today."

"Hei, seen Raeya anywhere?"

"I believe she went out with her Ilu,"
-----

Aonung was left to cover for them. And coming up with excuses was not easy. And he was increasingly getting more uncomfortable with lying to Raeyas father about her whereabouts.

Every time he coverd for Neteyam and Raeya to her father, he felt like he wasn't believing his excuses.

And his beliefs became true one evening.

"Where is my daughter?" he came out of nowhere. Aonung was caught off guard. Frankly Aonung was kinda scared of Raeyas father. His stern voice had always terrified him.

"I- um, I haven't seen her today," he swallowed hard. Her fathers face was not pleased however.

"Are you trying to tell me that you don't know where your future wife is?" his question made Aonung uncomfortable, "you do realize that this does not come across as good husband material,"

Aonung panicked. What was he suppose to do, lie? He was sure that Raeyas father could smell lies and fear coming off of him.

"I-, I haven't seen her today." He was standing his ground. Aonung straightened his back, he looked straight into Raeyas fathers eyes.

Raeyas father eyed him down. He knew that Aonung was lying, but his desperate lies were impressive. He was giving his all to cover for whatever his daughter was hiding.

"When you see her, tell her that we need to talk," he turned around and walked away.

Aonung sighed in relief. But now there was a bigger problem at hand.

From Raeyas fathers reaction and his expression, Aonung was sure that it meant that he was on to them.

And he had to tell Raeya and Neteyam.

-----

Raeya pushed Neteyam against a tree and attacked him with her lips. The kiss was deep and passionate. Her hands laid on his chest, and she used their position to keep him from moving to much.

Neteyam smiled into their kiss, he was now madly in love with Raeya and every moment that they spent together was like heaven to him.

He placed his hands on Raeyas hips and pulled her closer. The gap between their bodies closed.

And even though Raeya was using her hands to keep Neteyam pinned to a tree, he could still easily over power her.
Or so he thought.

He tried to flip Raeya around, so she would be the one pinned to the tree, but when he lifted his body off of the tree, Raeya easily pushed him back down.

Her action startled Neteyam, he was not expecting her to be this strong. She smiled wide and pulled away from the kiss.

But Neteyams arms were wrapped around her, and would not let her get away.

"Damn your strong," he said in a hushes voice.

Raeya laughed at his remark and placed her head on his chest.

They had been sneaking around in the forest for a couple of days now, and honestly they were both loving it.

Every moment they could, they spent together. And it wasn't just for making out, they had deep talks together as well.

"Raeya, I feel like I have to say this," she lifted her head up and met his beautiful yellow eyes.

"I want to spend the rest of my life in your arms. I want you to be my love, to be mine. I want to take you to Eywa and make you mine," his words melted Raeya like hot lava.

She wanted so bad to have everything that he just said, but there was still that same problem haunting them.

And that problem was not going to be easy to solve.

She sighed and opened her mouth to speak, but she was cut off my a strange sound.

Her ears twitched, the sound that she heard was familiar.

Neteyam could hear it two, but to him it just sounded like a bird.

"What?" He looked at Raeya, but she was still listening to that sound.

It sounded again.

"I know that sound," she started, " it's a hunting sound." She pulled away from Neteyam.

That sound meant that there were hunters nearby. And she and Neteyam had to leave, as fast as they could.

"We have to go," she grabbed his hand and started walking towards the tree line.

But when she heard that sound again, she noticed something off. That sound wasn't just any hunting sound, it was the call that she, Tsireya and Aonung use to do when they were younger and went hunting.

She stopped in her tracks and listened.

"What's wrong?"

She lifted her finger to her lips to tell him to be quiet.

She repeated the sound.

And it repeated back.

She called again, and this time she spotted movement in the distance.

The both hid behind a tree. The footsteps got closer. And now instead of that call, a voice said in a hushed tone," Raeya!"

She recognized that voice straight away and peaked out from behind that tree. It was Aonung. They both saw each other. And sighed in relief.

"Aonung what the hell are you doing?" She whispered.

"Raeya, we have a problem, a very big problem."

Aonung told Neteyam and Raeya about her fathers words. It made her really nervous because if he found out about her and Neteyam, he would kill him.

"I didn't know what to do, Raeya, we have to talk to them. If they found out before we can say anything, your dad will gut him." He looked at Neteyam who looked at Aonung with wide eyes. He did not want to be gutted.

Raeya was now in real trouble. If she told her father about her and Neteyam, he would not allow it.

If she didn't tell him and he found out, he would kill Neteyam and Raeya for breaking the agreement.

And if Aonung said anything, they'd both be gutted by ther parents.