Part 1

Ever story begins one of two ways. Either with love, happiness or with sorrow and loss.

This one began with love.

"Raeya!" He said and lifted the newborn baby into the air. The entire village had gathered to greet the new baby girl and witness the miracle of birth. Lau'ri held his first born baby girl in his hands and looked at her mother with a loving look. "She has your eyes," he said while looking into his wife's eyes. 

The baby didn't cry, she just stared at the vast beauty of the deep blue sky. She was as calm as the waves that day.

Lau'ri couldn't take his eyes off of her. His life had been blessed with a beautiful girl they named Raeya.

"She looks beautiful my friend," said Tonowari, whos wife Ronal stood right by him with his also newborn son, Aonung, in her arms. He had been born just a few months earlier.

"They shall be good friends," said Lau'ri to his friend and looked at his son. They smiles at each other and laughed. This was a happy moment for both of them.

But this moment, didn't last forever.

-----

15 years later...

-----

Raeya was in her room when she heard people rushing and whispering outside. She went to the opening of her Marui and saw people gathering around the beach.

'What is the meaning of this?' she thought to herself.

When she looked to her right, she saw Tonowari and Ronal come out of their Marui. If the chief of the Metkayina clan was going to the crowd, then there must be something important going on. She stepped out and followed behind them.

Her eyes could not believe what they saw.

"Toruk Makto??!" she heard a bunch of people whisper next to her.

Is this really the great Toruk Makto, who had lead the clans to victory in the war against the sky people 15 year ago? Or were her eyes deceiving her?  She had never seen this war hero in real life, but she had heard great storys about him.
She stayed at the back of the crowd and listened.

A little girl jumped off of one of the big Ikran that had laned on the beach and walked towards the crowd. Jake Sully came forward and looked towards Tonowari. They talked, but Raeya couldn't hear really well, because she was to far away.

She did however notice the number of newcomers. Six, she counted. An older girl standing further away from the rest, a little one that seemed a bit scared, but curious, clinging to her mothers leg, and two boys standing to the side.

She noticed Tsireya coming in on her Ilu on the left. She had been out all morning riding her Ilu around, but it looked like she had returned at just the right time.

Tsireya dove under water for a second, and then resurfaced. She kept eye contact with one of the boys the entire time. She walked onto land and stood right next to her older brother, Aonung.

Jake Sully spoke out:, "We seek refuge."

Tonowari was open to reason, but Ronal, his wife had already made up her mind. She was skeptical. "We are reef people, you are forest people. Your skills are not needed here."

Raeya had spent to much time looking at what Tsireya was doing and had missed the conversation between Jake Sully and Tonowari. The only thing she saw from the corner of her eye was how Ronal and the other woman, who Raeya assumed was Jake Sullys wife, were looking at each other with raging eyes. There was some sort of unspoken rivalry between them.