My heart is a heavy burden

Start from the beginning

"sorry" he whispered, looking like a kicked puppy.
I sighed, "I told you to stay put!" I scolded Finn
"I didn't want anyone to hurt you Sammy" He whined
I took his small hand in mine helping him to his feet, he looked up at me with tear-streaked cheeks, "it's okay baby, no one's gonna hurt me" I assured, kissing both his cheeks, I turned back to look at Kacy, "why are you still standing there? leave us alone, we're done" I spat glaring at my mate. then car horns started honking at us to get moving we were holding up the line.

"Sammy I'm...I'm so sorry-" before he could finish I shot him an icy glare.
"just go Kacy please" I pleaded, I couldn't bear to look at the hurt look on his face anymore and I didn't want to see him walk away, it made the pain in my stomach so much
"but..." I glared harder at him,
"Go, Kacy, we are done," I said sternly, once again he seemed unsure before giving me a small nod then turning around and heading to his blacked out SUV, I let out a sigh, Finn sniffed wiping his nose, we both walked back to my car, I cursed under my breath, he was covered in pee and for some reason, the smell was making my eyes water.
I didn't have a spare pair of pants for the boy but I had a towel in my trunk, left over from when alpha lark forced me to learn to swim, saying how it was important, I think he just likes to watch me suffer.
I laid the towel down and buckled him back in his seat.
I wanted to make ghost walk to whole way to the pack house, I turned to glare at him, he had one job.
he just huffed at me and put his face in Finn's lap, I hope the smell hurt his delicate nose.

parking was nonexistent as I pulled up, and to my displeasure, the only spot even remotely close to the pack house was right next to Kacy's SUV, Alexander was standing at the back trying to look casual it seemed, a cigarette

between his lips, he watched as I pulled in then exited my car.
"I'm going to kill him," I said in my most menacing voice, but he just smiled at me, and I swear he had the audacity to wink at me.
"you won't" he smirked as if he knew something that I didn't.
"I'm serious Alexander, I'm going to murder that man in cold blood" I threatened
"I have complete faith that you could do it but don't kill the bastard yet, do you need help with anything Luna?" he replied casually lighting up another one of his foul-smelling cigarettes.
"no I'm fine, and stop calling me Luna, I thought we settled this?" I asked, he just pursed his lips.
"fine" he agreed, just as Liam came around the side of the car, he looked over to Alex and let out a sigh, I watched as he snatched the lit cigarette out of his mouth and threw it to the ground, crushing it under his shoes.
I looked away I felt like I was looking in on something I shouldn't.
"I'm sorry baby," Alex said laying his hand lovingly on Liam's cheek.
"old habits die hard" he added pulling Liam's face to his, sharing a passionate kiss.
"ew," Finn commented scrunching up his face.
"well that's my cue boys" I called over my shoulder as I walked away to get Finn some new clothes.
"enjoy the festival" I added with a smile.
God, I would never have thought I would be smiling at beta Alexander after our extensive history, but every time I looked at him he had this calming purple aura, and I couldn't stay mad at the man who treated my friend so well.

"what happened" Luna Zoey called as she met us in the front hall.
"We had an accident" I replied.
"Oh my," she gasped, "why don't you come with me, get you all cleaned, and let Sammy enjoy herself" her tone was sweet and reassuring, very motherly, she would make an amazing mother one day.
the thought saddened me, would I ever be a mother? goddess what was I thinking I already am a mom, I've got my boys, I looked down at ghost glued to my side his furry head coming up to my shoulder.
and as if he could hear my thoughts he licked my face, as if saying yes you are a great wolf mom.
I wrapped my arms around his big fuzzy head burying my face in his neck.
"alright let's go" I whispered leading us towards the kitchen back door.

my mind wondered as I walked into an actual fairytale, the garden pathway was decorated with white arches lit with delicate fairy lights.
it was mesmerizing.
my mind was still stuck on Kacy and the way he had reacted, it was unacceptable but, I couldn't shake the feeling that I would have done the same thing if the role was reversed.
I was pretty harsh on him, I had to remind myself he was just as new to this bond as I was and it was hard to know how to act, his nature made him driven to protect me and keep me safe plus he didn't know Trent I needed to look at this at both perspectives.
he was wrong but so was I and now I had this burning feeling in my heart, it had started after I told him we were over, I can imagine how he feels I'm technically the other half of his soul, and I technically had rejected him.
oh my, Goddess, I had rejected him!
my mind began racing I had to find him and apologize I mean I was angry but I wasn't so upset that I would end our bond.
I got to the big field where the festival was in full swing.
I started pushing through the crowd looking for any familiar face that could take me to Kacy.
yet I found no one, not even my brother, I had seen Alex and Liam walk up so I know they had to be here somewhere.
running to the dance floor I spotted Kacy's long black hair pulled back in his tight bun and my heart roared to get to him, people started dancing around me. I was almost to him, inches away, a break in the dance floor let me see him, his aura was burning red, I shook my head I must be seeing things again,
"Kacy!!" I called out to him, he turned his head showing me an evil smirk.
he had a woman in his arms, my world shifted as he slow danced with the woman in a slutty skin-tight dress that bearly covered her ass, and that was exactly where my mate's hands roamed, his strong beautiful hands squeezing her round bottom, she threw her head back in pleasure, he lowered his lips to her exposed neck keeping eye contact with me the entire time.
my body was rooted to the spot unable to move as my mate pawed at another woman, I began to feel feverish as my temperature rose quickly and the burning in my heart made me double over in pain,
I gasp like a fish out of water, and his expression never changed he wanted me to see this, to feel his betrayal.

the pain only grew and I had started drawing a crowd, ghost was pushing his big head into me trying to calm me. nothing worked I hole had started to form where my heart was.
I looked on as the woman raised her head, standing there with her slutty claws in my mate was Darlene diamond.

the world had gained a black border, flashes of memories passed in my mind of all the horrible things she had done to me.
an animalistic sound escaped my throat Kacy's eyes grew wide the first crack resounded in the now quiet air, my bones began breaking one by one and fur sprouted on my arms and face, my dress tore from my body and I shifted, and I was going to kill that bitch for touching what was mine!