2. # cute!

agdhdhdhdhd sorry for being gone so long, i have been so busy w relationship 😭😭 idk how to feel ab my gf anymore and so many other things,, its literally almost been a year since i posted a chap which isnt good!! so ill try to stay on track with chapters from now on. thank u sm loves for being patient!! this chapter is kinda short but i promise i will try to make the next one as long as possible. <3

----

"Hey! I saw you during the match!"

you heard, you blinked owlishly, jolting as you came back to reality, he grabbed your shoulders, looking you all over. "I haven't seen anyone look like you before!" he said, observing you. you blushed [ink color] at the contact, too flustered to say a word, not used to being touched much due to being isolated in the underground for so long. "Leave her alone Goggles! Don't you know anything about personal space?! Although, you are right..You do look..different than any inkling I've seen before..." specs said, grabbing goggles by the scruff of his jacket and setting him next to him, as he was observing you as well.

"A-Ah.." you stuttered out, unsure of what to say. "I think shes pretty! Haha.." The one with the pom-pom exclaimed which made you smile softly at her, kicking the ground awkwardly. "Mhm! Those eyes make you look so..unique." headphones chimed in, smiling at you which you laughed awkwardly at, the blush never seeming to fade away. You were never used to compliments so this was completely new to you.

"Whats your name?" Goggles asked, wrapping an arm around your shoulder as Rider glared at him, noticing your discomfort. "That's [Name]." Stealth said, butting in, making everyone turn to him, including you. "Ah, thank you Stealth." you said smiling awkwardly. "Your name is so cute!" Goggles said, pressing his cheek against yours making your eyes widen as your cheeks flushed [ink color] before Rider pulled you backwards, so Goggles wouldn't be smothering you anymore.

"You dont even know her, stop touching her like that." Rider said which just made Goggles giggle. "It's fine really.." You said, making rider scoff and cross his arms. "So how do you know him?" Rider randomly said. "Uh--what?" you replied in confusion, causing him to sigh and rub his forehead. "Stealth. How do you know him?" He repeated causing your mouth to form an 'O' shape.

"U-Uh! W-When I helped her up we kinda just clicked from there.." Stealth said just about when you were gonna answer and you nodded. "I thought you guys were dating for sure!" Bobble beamed, giggling as she said that, causing Headphones to shriek. "You can't just say that about people!"

You and Stealth both blushed. "N-No! We just met.." You said waving your hands frantically. "A-Anyway I should get going--" you said about to walk away, then goggles stopped you,, grabbing you by your wrist. "Wait! You look so super cool, we have to be friends!" goggles said happily. "E-Eh?..Me??" you said confused.

"I mean--Uh- Sure if you're willing to exchange numbers--" You then got cut off by Stealth putting a hand on your shoulder. "I-If its fine with you could I have your number as well?" he chimed in as Bobble jumped towards you. "Me too~!" she said, happy to have a new friend. "Me too!" Headphones said smiling softly at you as she walked forward, phone in hand.

"Aswell as me..I mean--if thats not too many for you?" Specs said, doing the same. Rider held out his phone with a small smile. "Another person to practice against and beat wouldnt hurt." Rider said as he, Bamboo, & Uniform all held out there phones.

"Oh my-- Yes of course!" you said as you all went and exchanged numbers with eachother, wow, what a day, 8 new friends.

---

you & rider were talking about your modded luna blaster, he seemed quite interested on the fact that you had one and that it was embroidered by the squid sisters, he was unsure who the other group was, but he was still interested for sure.

"Did you mod it yourself?" he asked, you didnt know how to answer without blowing your cover. "U-Uh--YEAH! Yeah I did..Yeah.." you said hesitantly, stuffing the weapon back in your bag. making him raise an eyebrow, he'd been suspicious of you ever since he'd seen the way you looked, he never expected to agree with goggles on something, but he did on one thing. That he hadn't seen anyone look like you before.

"..Sure." he replied, stuffing his hands in his pockets. as he leaned on the wall near you two, you were definitely on edge with him the most, he clearly was either very suspicious of you, or just frankly didnt like you very much. You were definitely thinking of the prior though, you saw the way he stared at you as if you were hiding something, and you were scared. but you did your best to hide it.

you bit your lip as you stared up at the clouds, did you even belong here? would they hate you if they found out? ou were an octoling after all, that was your biggest fear. being caught, and forced out of where you never were welcomed.

but those questions were gonna be answered later, for now, maybe you should just focus on the present,, and let your mind wander to happier things, like the friends you had just made around an hour ago.

Rider then spoke to goggles about the previous match, his postion still leaning on the wall next to you. "You guys werent talking strategy, so how do you coordinate your moves?" he asked as goggles put his hands behind his head. "Thats easy, we practice everyday. so we just know!" he said happily, thats what you started to like about Goggles, & Bobble too. they were both so happy, as if life was perfect, you had never met anyone this glad about life, it was relieving.

Rider looked back at his team then let out a scoff before smiling. "Dont you dare lose the next match!" Goggles smiled. "Yeah!" causing Rider to glare. "You beat an S+ ranker like me, so if you lose...I'll tear your squid legs off if you dont win this whole tournament!" He said, that scared you a bit..If you ever beat him in a turf battle, would he hurt you if you lost to a lower rank?

Goggles just beamed. "No problem!" he said happily as specs and headphones screamed. "Lets do our best in the next match too!!" He said as his team agreed happily, he jumped up in the air in excitement, only to fall in a manhole, because for some reason the cover was open? he yelled as specs said "How are you so clumsy!"

"Goggles!" you yelped, about to run in to get him out only for Rider to grab your wrist, stopping you. "He'll be fine." Rider said as you looked at him, he noticed you staring and looked away, blushing slightly, letting go of your wrist.

"Yeah, this is common for him, dont worry." Specs said, putting a hand on your shoulder as you nodded. "Just know that your invited to our next battle, I really hope to see you there." Specs said, causing your eyes to widen.

"M-Me? Yeah I'll be there!" you said excitedly causing Specs to smile at your happiness, you then grabbed your phone, looking at the time. It was about time you dropped on back home. You grasped his hands softly.

"Thank you for today, really. I have to go but I cant wait to see you all again.." you said sincerely before waving bye, running along back home. Everyone was a tad bit jealous of the interaction you and Specs had, maybe all except Bobble,, but they were happy that you were happy.

Specs could also feel his hands missing yours.

---

JEEZ THIS CHAPTER WAS SO FUN TO WRITE!! i cant wait to write the next one :33 again sorry for being gone so long.. ALSO THIS ISNT PROOFREAD saurr if theres mistakes my bad i just wanted to get this out