•dreams•

Cassie's POV                             2014

I hate it here. I wish I would just go live with dad already. These people don't care about anyone but themselves. My mother isn't even in the state. She left me here alone with her flavor of the month. I want to die. I don't want to be alive anymore.

"Cassiopeia! Get your ass down here right now!" Great. There he goes again. I slowly walk into the kitchen to see one of my moms baby daddy's sniff cocaine off of the counter.

"What do you want Michael?" I say with a lot of attitude. "I'm leaving to go places and your mother is not gonna be home for a couple more days. Your gonna be home by yourself for a while so don't throw any parties or have any friends over. If you get bored the drugs are in the cabinet." He tells me.

As soon as his car leaves the driveway I scream. I start to tear apart the whole place and throw things everywhere. I look through all the cabinets until I find it. The pills. I needed to let go of everything.

I can't take this anymore. I take about 7 pills and swallow them. It took less then 5 minutes for it to take control of my body. I fall to the ground and then everything went black...

Cassie's POV Present day
2019

I wake up screaming and crying with Peej shaking me awake. "Cassie! Are you good? What's wrong?" He ask while taking me into his arms. I take a few minutes to calm down.

Right as I was about to explain what just happened my dad walks into the room. "Cas, you good? I heard you from my room. I thought it was gonna happen again soon." My dad says.

"What do you mean? I get them all the time." I ask, taking the water PJ got for me. "Ok I'm so confused right now, what the hell just happened to her?" Peej asks us.

Dad and I look at each other and he looks at me like 'he's your friend you tell him'. I sigh and ask dad if he wants to leave us alone so I can tell him. "I'm here if you need me." I nod to him. "Can I call Baylen first? I need to tell him too." Peej nodded and handed me his phone with Baylen's contact ready.

I stare at it for a minute and then finally press call. 'What pj I'm sleeping' "it's not Peej it's cas." 'Oh what's the matter is he okay?' "Yeah no everybody is ok can you come over though? I really need to talk to you guys." 'Yeah I'm on my way give me like 10 minutes.' "Ok thanks love you bye" 'love you too bye'

I hang up the phone and cuddle up to Peej. "You know that what I'm about explain is gonna be very hard to understand right? And I'm probably going to cry." I say looking up at him. "Well I would think so if you woke up screaming because of it." He says chuckling.

Ring ring I pick up the phone to hear Baylen's voice saying to let him in. Here we go I guess. "When I lived with my mom, she had a new boyfriend every month. She never could keep one tried down. Since she worked at a bar, she would always bring an interesting guy back home. I have 4 other siblings and she has custody of all of them.

I'm the only one that got away from her. I have one sister and three brothers. The two oldest I have contact with since they are 14 and 13. But the other two are 7 and 8. So when Elijah, the 8 year old was born, my mom went on vacation with everyone but his dad and me. His dad was an addict and was always high. So one day he told me he was going out, and that the pills were on the table if I got bored.

So when he left I started to have an episode. I was in a really dark time and just wanted to end it. I was 14 at the time. So to end the episode I took like 6 pills. It didn't even take five minutes to kick in. I fell to the ground everything went black.

The next day I woke up in the hospital with my dad crying at the edge of my bed and him telling me that I was moving in with him again and I had overdosed on estacy. It was molly so it wasn't the pure drug but it was for than 50% estacy. If I was out for any longer I would not be here right now.

But it was never because my mom wanted to get rid of me. It was because of that. I haven't told anyone but my dad mom and now you guys. So please don't tell anyone." I look up to see them both crying.

Peej just comes over and holds me. Baylen joins the cry circle and we just sat there and cried. After a few minutes my dad walks in and says

"Damn y'all look like a bunch of middle school girls cryin' like that." He chuckles. I pull away from them and just shake my head at him. He always knows how to lighten the mood.

911 words
SORRY FOR THE TRAMA DUMP 😜