Chapter 3: His Attitude

Dahil sa interesado akong tingnan ang picture book, binaon ko ito sa pagpunta sa Pilipinas. I want to get this mission started as soon as possible and if I were to have quite some time to read then, I guess this book would do me the favor.

Currently, I'm waiting for Mr. De Guzman's representative to escort me to their household. May importanteng meeting pa raw kasing inaasikaso si Mr. De Guzman sa Japan at baka sa susunod na linggo pa ito makauwi kung kaya't ang isa sa mga tauhan na lang niya ang tinawagan niya para alalayan ako sa pagdating ko.

It's not that I will get lost. Actually, I'm quite familiar with this country. This is the place where I grew up after all. As far as I can remember, my mother gave birth to me here too. I was an only child. Well, I would not be if only the baby inside my mom's womb was born. I was just a six-year-old kiddo when my parents died from a fire. 

Tinalikuran ko na rin ang mga natitira kong kapamilya dahil ni kaunting kibot ay hindi nila nagawa noong mga panahong iyon. Gayunpaman, sa kabila ng malamig na trato nila sa amin, nagawa naman nila kahit papaano ang bigyan ng maayos na libing ang mga magulang ko. Somehow, I was already grateful there.

Sa sinabi kong walang naiwan sa akin ang mga magulang ko, half of it was a lie. Meron naman kasi talaga subalit pinagpiyestahan na pala ito ng mga mukhang pera naming kamag-anak. Instead of getting mad at them, I just decided to live on my own. 'Makakaya ko ito kahit wala ang tulong nila.' 'yan lang ang mga salitang isinaisip ko noon habang patuloy na naghahanap-buhay sa tabi-tabi.

And look at me now, I have my own house, cars, motorcycles, condominium unit, lots of money, and a company to lead. Honestly, I declined the offer of handling this company for the sake of saving my whole time on guarding that son of Mr. De Guzman. It's not like it would be easy to do two things at a time. Especially when you have a company to manage and a fraternity leader to protect. Two different things and widely far from one another.

Ayoko talagang tanggapin kaso, kung hindi lang talaga ako pinakiusapan ni Master, hindi ko talaga kukunin ang trabaho na iyon. Sir Phoenix wanted me to have one of his companies to give me more valuable matters to spend my time with. I guess he is concerned about me getting bored in case I come up to dislike the role. He also mentioned that the board of directors had a unanimous decision of offering me the position as their leader due to my previous works with them. 

Of course, being a sweet and smooth talker I am, I tried to get the company matter in our conversation and save myself from piles of paperwork and meetings. In addition that I have to monitor Derek's actions and whereabouts for the whole time around. But... he ended the discussion with a challenge.

"Kung magaling ka talaga, makakaya mong pagsabayin 'yan."

Oh please! It's not as easy as the time management commonly suggested in schools. This is about managing a company consisting of countless employees and on the other hand, saving one's life from continuous death threats and dangers. It's not like I can cut myself into halves.