Chapter 7

Dallas
Elena POV

   As I run after Godric and Sookie's screams I make my way to a cage seeing Godric snap the neck of the man who had assaulted Sookie. I run up to her kneeling down infront of her I see she's buttoning up her torn dress and I take my sweater off and hand it to her.

   Godric looks to us both then we all hear an alarm going off and moments later Sookie says Bills name thinking he was coming to the rescue. However, Godric says no and starts speaking to Eric.

   "I'm down hear my child." He says softly and Eric flashes before us kneeling down infront of Godric. "You should not have sent humans to rescue me this one betrayed you." he says motioning to Hugo.

   "I had no other choice these Savages wish to destroy you." Eric says and Godric meets my sight for a moment before looking to Eric once more.

   "I know what they had planned." Godric whispers out and Eric looks taken back. "Save the humans." Godric says motioning to Sookie and I, this action pisses me off.

   "Like hell I'm leaving your side." I snap out in rage. "I just found you and you want to pond me off on Eric." I hiss towards him and he walks up to me leaning into kiss my lips softly.

   "I need you safe Elena and I need to deal with the fellowship of the sun so go with Eric you can yell at me later when we are all safe." He says softly against my lips.

   I look deep into his eyes. "You better come back to me." I tell him and he smirks at me.

   "Always min ängel." He whispers before pushing me into Eric's arms and Eric grabs at Sookie and my hands pulling us up the stairs.

*****

   I was wondering what had led us to this moment Eric was Bound to the alter with silver chains members of the fellowship of the sun had captured us on our way out of the church. They were planning on watching Eric burn in the sun and Steve Newlin was talking about tying Sookie and I up to him.

   That's when the Vampires rushed in Sookie's boyfriend Bill was the first to run into the church screaming her name, then moments later Stan and his Vampires followed grabbing at the humans.

    As the vampires were about to feed Godric appeared on the balcony looking down on us all. "Enough!" He yell's through the church and all of the vampires look to him in his all white attire he looked like an angel sent to stop the massacre. "You came for me I assume underling." He says looking to Stan.

   "Yes Sheriff." Stan says.

   "These people have not harmed me." Godric says directing his attention to Stan. "You see we can coexist, Mr. Newlin I do not wish to cause bloodshed when none is called for. Help me set an example if we leave you in peace will you do the same." Godric says looking to Steve Newlin.

   Steve Newlin meets Godric eyes. "I will not negotiate with sub humans." Steve Newlin says as he crawls towards Eric. "Kill me, do it, Jesus will protect me." He say looking between Godric and Eric.

   "I am actually older then your Jesus." Godric says looking to Steve Newlin. "I wish I could have known him but I missed it." Godric says before flashing before Steve Newlin and picking him up by the back of the neck. "Good people who of you are willing to die for this man's madness." Godric says to the humans around and they all look at him in terror. "That's what I thought." He says to the crowd. "Stand down everyone." He says and the vampires released the humans Stan looking upset at this. "People go home it's over now." Godric says softly to the room and everyone begins to leave.

   I hear Sookie say "oh Bill" and as Godric throws Steve Newlin to the ground he looks down at him. "I dare say my faith in human kind is stronger than yours." Godric says and I can see the anger building within him. I slowly make my way up to him and he pulls me into his arms. "Come." He says to the remaining vampires as he has an arm around me moving us both to pass Stan.

   "Sir after what these Humans have done to you." Stan says looking to Godric and I feel Godric's hold on me tighten a bit.

   "I said come " Godric says as he moves past Stan leading me along with him and we make our way out of the Fellowship of the sun.

   As we get outside Godric picks me up bridal style and lifts off into the sky.