I have totally blown it.

The next day, I just sat in my room with my head in my knees. I knew that I had a case to solve and that I was being pathetic. However, what can I say? I've never been so devastated in my entire life. Nothing has ever perplexed me so much.
There was this strange sensation that caused me to blatantly cry my eyes out and I felt a strong pain in my chest. I'll have to investigate what this means. I had to figure something out. Something to rouse her interest. But what? I began writing things on a sheet of paper.
John is in the hospital. No. I crossed it out.
Your sister is dead. Definitely not.
I'm dying; kiss me! That would never work.
Hey baby NO WAY! Love? Oh never mind!
I'm going to investigate a case, would you like to come? Maybe?
Just then, it was 3 in the afternoon and John came in with crossed arms. "Sherlock. What are you doing?" He asked me. "It's 3 o' clock in the afternoon and you're still not dressed. Haven't eaten. Haven't left your room. Haven't left the house. What's wrong?" John asked while now sitting next to me on my bed. I sighed.
"I can't do anything to make her....." I shorted out on the words love me and decided to say something else. ".... Get her attention..." I finished. John smiled.
"I'm surprised you're getting so worked up about this." He nudged me.
"Shut up!" I told him while turning away. He laughed.
"Oh come on, Sherlock Holmes! Just try!" He exclaimed. I looked at him slowly.
"Perhaps." I replied.
"Isn't she worth it?" He asked me. I looked at him in surprise and then smiled.
"Yes." I replied finally. However, before I tried to impress her and make her.... Like me more, I had to find out what was wrong. Why she'd cry like she had. My blood boiled just thinking about whoever did this to her. It was time to investigate again.