𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘚𝘐𝘟

Start from the beginning

"Good morning." Seo-Yun greeted, with a small smile as she walked into the Risk Management Team's office. Jun-Woong grinned and waved at her from his desk, he leaned back casually in his chair.

"Morning Ms Yo! Did you enjoy last night?" He asked lightly, Seo-Yun walked to his desk and leaned against the filing case beside it.

"It was actually pretty bearable," Seo-Yun commented, she then leaned closer to Jun-Woong with a small grin on her face.

"Although I started falling asleep during the speeches." She whispered and Jun-Woong laughed loudly, nodding his head in agreement.

"Same." He whispered back and Seo-Yun chuckled before looking around the empty office.

"Where's Ryung-Gu and Ms Koo?" She asked, Jun-Woong shrugged his shoulders, his light expression dulling slightly.

"I don't know...Mr Lim came in unfocused and really quiet, he didn't even tell me to do my work when I was blatantly playing on my phone, which as you know, isn't like him. Ms Koo pulled him out to talk to him, they've been gone for a bit." Jun-Woong muttered, Seo-Yun furrowed her brows. She was about to speak when the office door suddenly opened revealing Ryeon and Ryung-Gu, Seo-Yun smiled at them and bow her head.

"Morning you two." She greeted, shifting on her feet suddenly feeling awkward, Ryeon sent her a small smile.

"Good morning Seo-Yun." Seo-Yun smiled back and shifted her focus to Ryung-Gu who stood slightly behind Ryeon, he glanced at Seo-Yun and cleared his throat.

"Good morning Ms Yo." He greeted stoically, Seo-Yun's brows rose in surprise, her smile faltering slightly. Seo-Yun glanced at Jun-Woong and Ryeon in confusion before turning back to Ryung-Gu, who kept his gaze on his desk.

"I...Can I speak with you for a moment Ryung-Gu? Privately." Seo-Yun asked hesitantly, Ryung-Gu's gaze snapped to Ryeon who had, by now, sat at her desk staring back at him. Ryung-Gu broke his gaze from Ryeon and looked in Seo-Yun's direction, but never made eye contact with her.

"I'm sorry Ms Yo, but I have work to complete." Seo-Yun was thrown off by his sudden cold professionalism and firm tone that she visibly recoiled, ignoring the looks of sympathy the other male team member gave her. Seo-Yun flushed with embarrassment and lowered her head.

"Oh-ah-um yes of course." Seo-Yun stuttered, hurt clearly in her voice, she clenched her hands and bit her lip.

"I-I'll leave you to it then." Ryung-Gu forced himself not to look at her as she walked past him, he forced himself not to grab her hand as it brushed against his own.

"What the hell was that?" Jun-Woong asked as soon as Seo-Yun disappeared behind the door. Ryung-Gu glared at the ground before making his way to his desk, his face remaining emotionless.

"What was what?" he asked and Jun-Woong shot Ryung-Gu a glare, gesturing his arm towards the door.

"Why did you shoot her down like that?" Ryung-Gu simply looked at Jun-Woong, who looked back with a protective glare.

"I simply told her I couldn't talk to her at the moment because we have work to do. We still have yet to clear all the malicious comments about Ms Ryu." Jun-Woong shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest.