S2 P15

The prison smells horrible, but Travis manages. His father looks worse.

"Son."

Travis hesitated.

"Kenneth."

Kenneth let a grin cross his face. "Still the same boy I used to know."

Travis snarls. "I'm not a boy anymore. I'm not fucking 10, Kenneth."

Kenneth shrugs. "You act like it sometimes, you know?"

"Why the fuck did you want to see me."

"What do you mean? I have to have a reason? I can't just want to see my son?"

"I am not your son. You are not my father."

Kenneth lets out a loud laugh. "What changed? You used to love me."

"Used. Key word."

"Huh. How's that, 'boyfriend' of yours?"

Travis notices the disgusted look on Kenneth's face. "He's just fine. Why."

Kenneth grins, and shrugs. "Dunno."

Something in the tone Kenneth had made Travis's heart speed.

"What does that mean?"

Kenneth snickers. "We still have 10 minutes together, why are you rushing me?"

Travis could tell something was wrong. "What the fuck does that mean?!"

"Did you know, revenge can drive people to murder?"

"No.. No, no. What the fuck have you done!!?"

Kenneth raises his hands to show the cuffs around his wrists. "Nothing."

Travis's heart starts pounding out of his chest. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!"

Kenneth smiles. "Sit down, we have 5 minutes still."

"No, tell me what the fuck you did."

"Not what I did. What he did."

"Who the fuck is he?"

"What time is it?"

Travis doesn't know why he does it, but he pulls out his phone and checks the time.

"3:44."

"Atlas, he's there by now."

"He? Where?!"

"Your house, of course."

Then it hits Travis. The only person at home is..

Sal.
"Sal."

Travis turns, and sprints out of the room. The officer gives Travis a look. He runs down the stairs and out the front doors of the prison. Travis pulls his car keys out of his pocket and unlocks his car.

He calls Sal.

Once.

Twice.

Third.

Fourth.

Fifth.

Voicemail.

"Shit, Sal!"

He turns the car engine on and pulls out of the parking lot. He can hear his father laughing from his car. This can't be happening.

An hour before
~~~

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

He watches every last one of them leave. Once he knew none of them were coming back for a while he walks behind the house. He peaked around the corner first to check if anyone, or the dog, was outside. Once he was positive they weren't he jumps over the fence and pulls out his lock picks, assuming the back door was locked. He checks just in case, anyway, and it wasn't.