" okay, forget this, i kind of have a kid to get back to." peter swiftly shot the two henchmen with his gun, but the guy grabbed his gun and shot peter, who fell to the ground and clicked on his mask. he flew out the cave and flied to his ship, jumping on.

" cass, start the ship!" he panted out. cassandra got up and started the ship, glancing back at her dad as he jumped into the driver's seat. " do you have it!?"

" yes! yes, here." he handed the orb over to cassandra, who stuffed it into her jacket pocket without much thought.

peter pulled the ship swiftly off morag, and he sighed and wiped sweat off his forehead. " dad, bereet's still here." cassandra panted out.

" who?"

a door in the ship opened, and bereet rose out of it. " peter? what happened?"

" oh, bereet.. i'm gonna be totally honest with you," peter sighed. " i forgot you were here."

-

" peter, you have a call." bereet mumbled, reaching forward to answer the call.

" wait, wait!" cassandra tried to stop bereet, but the call was answered and yondu's face appeared on the screen. peter sighed in defeat. "quill!?"

" hi, yondu." peter hummed.

" hi yondu!" cassandra grinned, and a small smile made it's way onto yondu's face. " hey, little girl." yondu greeted, voice softer than it was when he was talking to peter, and peter rolled his eyes. " he likes you more than he likes me." peter grumbled. yondu cleared his throat.

" i'm here on morag. ain't no orb, ain't no you."

peter shrugged his shoulders. " well, i was in the neighborhood and decided to save you the trouble."

" well, where are you at now?"

" okay, i feel really bad about this, but i'm not gonna tell you that."

" i slaved putting this deal together!" yondu gritted out. peter nodded, lips pressed together. " slaved? making a few calls is slaved?" his brows raised, and cassandra held in an amused laugh.
" and now you're gonna rip me off!"

" i mean, really? slaved?" peter hummed. cassandra giggled into her knuckles, and she glanced away. " i'm sorry, is she laughing?" yondu asked pointedly.

" no, yondu." peter sighed.

" okay, but we don't do that to eachother! we're ravagers! we have a code!" yondu huffed. " yes, and that code is steal from everybody."

" when i picked you up from terra-"

" uh-huh?"

" those boys wanted to eat you!"

" yeah?" peter hummed, brows raised as he tried to act uninterested. cassandra was trying not to laugh. " they ain't never tasted terran before. i stopped them. you're alive 'cause of me, boy! and when i find you i will-"

peter rolled his eyes and ended the call. " seriously, what is his problem?" peter huffed. he glanced up at cassandra.
" you okay?" he asked, brows furrowed.

" sorry, i was- i was about to laugh my ass off." she laughed, snorting a cute snort that peter smiled at. he swiftly moved past her towards the cockpit. he patted a hand on her shoulder and said " watch your language."

" alright," he clapped his hands together. " we're gonna go to xander and sell whatever the shit this is and it's gonna be a nice pay-day, princess!"

cassandra laughed, a small smile on her face, and she glanced over at bereet. bereet smiled," i live on xander.. you can just drop me off there.."