8 - imploded noses

Start from the beginning

Kiri, unbothered strided towards them, Ivy had noticed she'd stopped in her tracks, her posture had visibly slumped and her ears were flattened back, she quickly caught up with Kiri.

Laurite turned to Ivy and smiled, sort of chewing on her lips "hey Ivy!"

Ivy didn't say anything back, her eyes flickered away insecurely, god damnit this girl knew how to get under her skin.

"Ok well, I'm gonna catch up with Oeyani" Laurite clapped her hands, her medium length silky black hair bouncing "bye Lo!"

Lo? Is she for real? That's so stupid, Ivy huffed and looked up to Lo'ak who had awkwardly goodbye, Kiri had wandered off leaving the two alone "what's wrong?" He asked her.

"Nothing" Ivy huffed, crossing her arms gazing at the spot Laurite has just been standing.

"Your ears are farther back than I've ever seen" Lo'ak rolled his eyes "and I see you angry a lot"

Ivy turned on her heel and listened as Lo'ak jogged up next to her as she made a beeline for a patch of shady trees by the nets "so?" He asked.

"Fine" Ivy snapped, she wanted ever so badly to get this off her chest "it's Laurite" she kicked a rock, immediately regretting it and wincing.

"What did she do?" Lo'ak asked watching her pathetic display of anger.

"That little shell she found?" Ivy looked up to him, now leaning against a palm tree "she didn't find it, I did, she threatened me to give it to her"

"Seriously"

"Yes seriously" Ivy deadpanned.

"Well you've got to tell someone" Lo'ak insisted, she rolled dramatically off the palm tree to sit on a rock a little further into the trees.

"Are you kidding?" Ivy scoffed resting her face in her hands "they'd never believe me"

She pushed herself up on the rock, her brows still furrowed and her fists clenched, Lo'ak tilted his head, he grabbed her arm she pulled him off and turned to look up at him shit she thought.

She had accidently stepped too close, their lips, were very quite literally a millimetre or so from eachothers, she jumped back, her heart racing and her body tense "I—"

"Ivy!" Her head snapped away from Lo'ak and towards Tsireya who had just turned around the tree to find her.

"Hi Tsireya" Ivy said quickly, snapping her body to straighten out and hoping her cheeks weren't a raging magenta.

Tsireya pulled her lips into an o, her eyes flickering back and forth Ivy quickly spoke "I'm not busy"

"Oh..." Tsireya nodded "well, I was wondering if you wanted some more lessons?" Ivy knew she meant the baskets, she would FO anything right now to get out of this situation, and away from the silent boy who's eyes she could feel on the back of her head.

"Yes" Ivy answered immediately brushing a beaded dress out of her face "yeah I'd like that"

"Ok" Tsireya smiled brightly and beckoned her forward "would you like to come Lo'ak"

Ivy turned, but didn't make eye contact, silently praying he would say no "I promised Tuk I'd hang out with her sorry"

"It's alright" Tsireya smiled "let's go Ivy"

Ivy had never been so happy to leave a situation, her heart was violently beating out of her chest while she followed Tsireya back to the nets.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya questioned cautiously.