Chapter 11

"Please- please I have a wife and children, spare me" the man said, "what do you want? I can pay you, look look here-" The man was about to reach for his pockets when his words were cut off by a fist. The man crumbled to the floor holding his bleeding face in his hands.

"Great then they'll be next in line, now talk!"

"I don't know anything I swear, I haven't even visited that place, I don't-" The man was unable to finish his sentence before he received kick after kick all over his body. He began coughing and grasping his stomach in pain.

"Enough! we don't want to kill him just yet."

The gasping man's eyes widened as he saw him approaching. He crouched down to the same height as the bloodied man. A click could be heard in the room. The pocket knife in his hand began tracing the man's throat.

"I already know where you've been and when it happened" his knife traced up toward his beaten face.

"I- I was only meeting with an old friend that needed a favor from me" the man confessed.

"Hmm, and what may that favor be?"

The man didn't answer until he realized that the tip of the knife was currently resting near his eyes.

"He- He needed some money to pay for his debts. I was already indebted to him and had no other choice but to help."

As soon as the man finished his sentence, he slashed the man's face, making a cut from the side of his eye down to his jaw. The man's shrilling scream could be heard from a mile away. Luckily they were positioned in a shed on the outskirts of the city where no man would think of coming.

"When will you learn your lesson?" he said in disappointment.

"Does the name Michael Eastwood ring a bell?"  Another voice interrupted. The mixture of the dimly lit light and the blood blurring the man's sight made it hard for him to distinguish the face of the voice. However he did notice something. His eyes. They were different. Nothing like the eyes he had seen before. Not even like the royals.

The man aggressively shook his head as he tried to stop the bleeding. He looked truly dumbfounded. It was clear that he didn't know what he was delivering and to whom.

"Let's put our untruthfulness to the side and nobody gets hurt," the voice said, "who was the man that sent you to deliver this letter?"

The man was currently going from conscious to unconscious. It took a few moments for him to gain the energy to confess. The man didn't know who his commander was. He said that during one of his business trades someone offered him money in exchange to deliver the letter. It was a big sum for such a small favor so of course he accepted it. The man tried to describe how the person that paid him looked like but it was hardly something they could use as a guide.

"See, this wasn't so hard? If only you had done it from the beginning." He rose and walked away. 

The trembling man sighed in relief but realized a second too late that a knife darted toward him. It struck him in the chest. Blood was pooling out of his mouth as he tried to make out words.

"You- you promised" the man said coughing up blood.

"I don't remember encountering a promise between us"

"You, you-" The man's voice faded away as he was struggling with his own words.

"Get the knife and lets get out of this before someone notices his absence"

As Bleiz exited the shed Killian followed him shortly after with the knife in his hand.

"That was fast don't you think?"  Killian said, handing the knife over to Bleiz.