Ch. 22: The Assault

Start from the beginning

Endeavor: No. Y/N's been out before we were told of an invasion by Sauron himself. But he didn't tell us he'll be sending in waves of orcs to attack.

Mr. Compress: (Laughing) Orcs? You mean those fantasy world creatures? Now I'm starting to suspect you're all making this up.

Bruz the Chopper: Mate, we're trolls, or Ologs as we're called back home. Perhaps you should come with us to see for yourself if you don't wanna believe it.

Mr. Compress: I don't know about that. I think your quirk is what made you look like a troll.

Twice: But he's not, Atsuhiro. We're telling you the truth. If you don't want to listen to the Pro Heroes nor the trolls, then please, listen to me.

Mr. Compress: What makes you think I should listen to you, back-stabber?

Twice: (Angered) Because I'm not a back-stabber and this is your only chance to help us win, or we all die! But hey, it's your choice, Mr. Compress! You can either help us win this war, or stay in here and watch the world fall apart if we fail!

(Mr. Compress is shocked by Twice's sudden change)

Twice: I've known you long enough, Astuhiro, and you know I would never lie about any of this even to my own fellows. I trusted you along the way since our time with the league of villains, and all I ask is that you trust me now. Even though I decided to join the heroes, I still think of you as a loyal friend to me. (Sighs) Believe me, I used to see the hero association as being corrupt or caring only for themselves. But ever since I talked to Shoto and the students, and even Hawks, I realized not every hero is corrupt as we believed. Even Endeavor here, had shown me that even in the face of corruption, heroes can change for the better. (Smiles) That's why, even I want you to join me on this, and show that not every hero out there is corrupt.

(Listening to Twice's words, Endeavor looks down and smiles with his eyes closed, seeing that even in the face of a former villain, he's recognized as someone who can change for the better. Mr. Compress, now met with these words from Twice, takes a few moments to think, before he finally makes his decision)

Mr. Compress: (Looks down) No, Twice. I will not join you with the heroes.

(Disappointed at this, Twice and the others believe Mr. Compress has made his choice to stay in prison and not be involved in the fight)

Twice: (Looks down) Very well.

(He and the others walk away, until Mr. Compress says more)

Mr. Compress: But, I will help you fight against the invaders.

Twice: (Turns to Mr. Compress and smiles) That's fair. Thank you.

(Mr. Compress is released from his cell and allowed to join Twice and the others. As they walk, Mr. Compress decides to learn more)

Mr. Compress: Is there anyone from the league helping us?

Twice: (Saddened) Unfortunately, no. They're all dead. It seems you and I are all that remain of the league.

Hawks: What about that doctor? I heard he was associated with you guys.

Twice: Funny you mention him, I've never seen him when we went to Barad-dur to rescue our friend, Shigi.

Mr. Compress: You know, you guys could've gotten me out and I would've assisted you in getting Shigaraki out.

Endeavor: Except it wouldn't do any good. You would've been killed alongside them if you also joined in.

Twice: Sadly, he's right. Had Hawks, Bruz, and the others not intervened, I would've been killed off or still running around like a mumbling madman. That's how I felt after losing everyone of our members against the Nazgul.