Ch. 18: Meeting Old Acquaintances

[To my readers:

I decided to make this one a short chapter for now, since I still need to deal with my college courses and schoolwork. I apologize if I seem to be taking a while to post more chapters, as I'm trying to make time to write this story]

(After going through intense training to fight against the invasion, Shoto and Endeavor head to the psychiatric ward. Having been called by Endeavor, Fuyumi and Natsuo arrive along with the other two. Upon arriving, Rei sees her family arriving together, including Enji, which surprised her. After speaking to the receptionist, they're allowed to visit Rei)

Endeavor: I suppose it's time I come to see her and give her my apologies, but also have to share the devastating news.

Natsuo: Devastating? What do you mean?

Shoto: (Looks down) You will find out once we arrive to meet her.

Endeavor: Of course. I haven't told you yet, not until your mother hears about it first.

Natsuo: Very well.

(They arrive to Rei's room. Rei happily opens the door to see her family, and greets them all with hugs. She sees Enji, who is smiling at her, before his face turns to sadness and he apologizes to her)

Endeavor: I'm sorry, Rei, for everything I did.

(Hearing this, Rei was shocked to hear Enji had given an apology)

Endeavor: I don't expect you to forgive me, Rei. But I'm sorry, for having treated you badly back at home. I never should've done that.

(Rei starts letting out tears before hugging Endeavor, and even telling him she forgives him for what he did. However, after a few moments, she looks around, only to see Dabi is missing)

Rei: (Concerned) Where is Toya? Did he decide not to come see his mother?

(That's when Shoto and Endeavor start to cry, ready to inform her of the terrible news of what happened to her eldest son. Seeing the two of them cry, Rei becomes worried as well as Fuyumi and Natsuo)

Rei: (Looks to Endeavor) Enji, what's wrong? Where's Toya?

(But after a moment of silence, upon seeing their faces, her intuition kicks in, and she realizes why they're both crying, and is now letting tears fall down her eyes)

Rei: He's........He's....!?

Endeavor: (Nods in approval while crying) He's dead.

(Hearing those words, Fuyumi and Natsuo are saddened and shocked to find out their eldest brother is truly dead now. Endeavor and Shoto hug in sadness, and Rei joins in followed by Fuyumi, with the exception of Natsuo who appears to be crying alone. Endeavor stops for a moment to explain to Rei)

Endeavor: (Crying) He wanted me to tell you, that he's sorry for hurting you, Rei.

(Hearing what he said, Rei is surprised that her son was sorry for hurting his mother, and her tears grow heavier, knowing her son gave his apologies before his untimely death. Natsuo, on the other hand, grows frustrated over the fact Dabi had died, and began to ask questions)

Natsuo: (Crying) How!? How did he die!? (Gets angry at Endeavor) Did you kill him, or cause his death!?

(Shoto immediately stops Natsuo from blaming Endeavor)

Shoto: (Crying, looking angrily at Natsuo) No, Natsu!! Dad didn't kill him!

(Rei then asks Endeavor who was responsible for Dabi's death)

Endeavor: (Crying) He was killed, by Sauron!

Rei: Sauron!?

Shoto: (Crying) Yes, mother. Sauron. He's the dark lord of Middle-Earth. He stabbed Toya in the chest just as he appeared. Now, he's planning to invade this world and have all of us killed, and have this world under his heel.