Chapter 29. Prom 1985

Start from the beginning

Rebecca blushed from head to toe. "Well, I'm looking forward to it, don't worry. I told him the girls and I were having a sleep over at Ali's. We better go before I decide to skip prom and have you go straight to the beach house." she said as he led her to his car and opened the door for her

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

The prom was in full swing when the couple arrived, fashionably late of course. As Bobby stood talking with the guys, Rebecca stood with Ali, who was visblibly upset when she and Daniel entered the gym.

"Ali, what happened?" Rebecca asked

Before anything else could be said, Rebecca felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw Bobby standing next to her. "May I have this dance?" Bobby asked with his hand held out as Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time began to play.

Rebecca turned to Ali, who smiled at her. "Go ahead. we'll talk later." the blonde smiled as she embraced her best friend

"Of course." Rebecca smiled as she walked with Bobby to the dance floor.

Across the room, Susan and Tommy were dancing, Jimmy and Barbara were dancing, Dutch and a girl from the swim team were dancing, and Johnny and a girl from the cheer team were dancing.

"You look so beautiful tonight, Bec." Bobby smiled as he rested his forehead against Rebecca's

"Thank you sweetheart. You're the most handsome guy here." Rebecca smiled. "In fact, you're the only handsome guy here."

"Well, you're the only beautiful girl here." Bobby said, as he pressed a kiss onto her forehead. "I love you."

"I love you more." Rebecca smiled

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

As the night wore on, the Prom King and Queen were announced. The Queen was a girl named Tina, who is friends with Rebecca and Ali, a straight A-student, and a real sweetheart, and the King was a guy named Randall. As they began to dance, Rebecca couldn't help but notice a spark that flew between the two. Rebecca leaned into Bobby and watched as the prom King and Queen danced.

"Want to grab some punch with me?" Rebecca asked

"Sure." Bobby said

As the couple walked over to the refreshment table, they shouting outside and it was all too familiar voices. They looked out the window of the door, and saw it was none other than Ali and Daniel, screaming at one another.

"What the hell?" Bobby asked as the two walked over to the refreshment table

"Daniel had a pissed off look on his face when prom started." Rebecca said. "At the nail salon, Ali did say that their relationship was on the rocks.

"Hey Becca." Ali said as she tapped her shoulder.

Rebecca turned around and gave her best friend a soft smile. "Yeah?"

"I'm going to head out early but I'll call you tomorrow, okay?" Ali said

"Ali, are you all right?" Rebecca asked