Chapter 4. First Day

⊱ ────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────── ⊰

Rebecca woke up to the early morning sun peaking though the curtains of her bedroom. She turned over on her side, and glanced at the radio alrm, which read six-thirty. Getting out of bed, she walked over to the window and saw people on their early morning walk, or grabbing their newspapers.

After she was dressed for the day, and her subtle eye makeup was applied, she clasped on to her locket from her mother, and looked at the photo of her mother on the nightstand, turned off the light, and walked down the hall.

In the kitchen, she found her father making toast and bacon. Setting her backpack in the chair, she spoke. "Morning daddy." she greeted

Dean turned around and smiled at his daughter. "Morning honey. Sleep alright?" he asked as his daughter walked over and gently kissed his cheek, then grabbed her plate of food and walked over to the table.

"I mean, I guess." Rebecca said as she sat down

"What do you mean you guess?" Dean questioned as he joined his daughter at the table and began eating his breakfast

"I was tossing and turning, I was up every hour on the hour." Rebecca said. "I'm nervous about today. I know Ali and the girls will be there, but I hate starting a new school."

"Hey, you're gonna be just fine." Dean reassured before taking a sip of his coffee. "Look how long it took you to become friends with Daniel and the girls from the beach, what are their names again?"

Rebecca chuckled as she set her orange juice glass down. "Ali, Susan, and Barbara. Anyway, I better get going."

"I need to drive you to school?" Dean asked as he set his coffee cup down

"If you don't mind. I'll ride my bike tomorrow, but first day at a new school, is nerve racking." Rebecca said as she stood up and took her dirty dishes to the sink.

In the living room, Rebecca grabbed her backpack, while Dean grabbed his keys and wallet. The two walked out the door, and got in the impala, and Dean drove towards the high school.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ 

"All right, you're here." Dean said as he put the impala in park. "I'll see you at 3, okay?"

Rebecca smiled and nodded at her father, then looked towards the high school. Sensing his daughter's nervousness, Dean reached over and took her hand, and reassured, "Hey, you're going to do just fine."

"I know." Rebecca smiled. "I love you daddy."

"I love you too, sweetheart." Dean said.

Rebecca kissed her father's cheek, then got out of the impala and closed the door. Glancing across the way, she saw the Cobra Kais over by their motorcycles, and Bobby was talking to Johnny.

 Glancing across the way, she saw the Cobra Kais over by their motorcycles, and Bobby was talking to Johnny