4. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗹

Start from the beginning

Although I was grounded for a year or so by my mother for punching Nayeon, I was happy I found my talent. Whenever something used to get stolen in the school or any sort of mysteries were to be solved, I was the one to be called to investigate. My old habit was to watch and collect crime related cases, at first mom was scared if I was psychopath or something but then she realised I had peculiar interest in solving cases before the police did. When we used to sit in the dining hall, eating food and watching crime telecast and report, I would solve the case by the few pieces of informations and my deductions would turn out correct. My mother pushed me to give civil servant exams at 18 and at 19, I was selected as a detective. Since last year, I am Asia's top detective and officer. All thanks to my mom and my victim Nayeon.

"Unnie, how do you know we interrogated the girls?" I asked with a frown.

"Bitch, you're suspecting me? Don't you think it's a bit too much for me to be serial kidnapper? It's all over the news that the girls were interrogated." Nayeon said with most disgusted expressions ever.

"No, I am not suspecting you. I know that such a sacredly cat like you will die seeing so much blood and the kidnapper has brains, you don't. You're just a lazy ass who can't even open the door when the doorbell rings, how would you kidnap so many kids, put them in a cave and meddle with so many documents?"

"You , piece of trash"

"Watch your language girls" Mom interrupted with a flare in her eyes.

"Mom I am going downstairs, away from this annoying ass. I am going in the basement."

"Hang yourself in the basement." Nayeon said with a glare. Even though she acts angry, she looks cute.

"Why are you going in the basement?" mother asked, completely ignoring Nayeon.

"To see some files."
___________________________________

🎵 - 12:00 AM by The Newton Brothers (The haunting of hill House soundtrack)

As I reached the ground, I felt certain eeriness surrounding me. I ignored the strange feeling I got in the pit of the stomach. My body was filled with goosebumps and I didn't know why, maybe it's just the case roaming in my mind all day. I went towards the archives and looked for the documents. Today, sure was a hectic day. First day at jeju and I did so much in just a day. My heart tells me that I need a rest, while my mind tells me I have to clear the backlog of this case. I don't know many details as I joined just today, so I have to clear my backlogs.

The first document I opened was of the kid hit by a truck in 1949. In no way, he arose from the dead. It surely has to be a mistake that the kid is same as the kid from 1949. There's a possibility that the kidnapper, with the help of corrupt policeperson, meddled with official documents from 1949 to confuse and divert us so that they can win their goals. If that's the case then I am sure there's a lot to do, this cult is bigger and has a lot of connections. But the culprits don't know that I hate to loose too, that I have handled thousands of cases dealing with filth and dirt in the society. It is my routine.

Terrorists, pedophiles, sex offenders, corrupt bodies, tax frauds, serial killers there isn't any kind of case, I haven't dealt with. I will win this case surely but I have to admit, this is the most messed up case ever, I have dealt with. I am sure we have plenty of time to solve this case now that the minister's daughter is found but there is still media pressure. Media is like the leeches who will be stuck to your soul, sucking the positivity and bringing out only negativity.

"𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚎 -

𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎 - 𝙺𝚒𝚖 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗