Fourty One

Hey everyone!

I hope you're all good! Here's the next chapter!

Let me know what you think!

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Somehow the weather had taken a turn for the worse and now as Toni stood drenched outside of the redheads house she didn't know what the hell she was doing. She almost talked herself out of it however she pushed the doubt away as she banged on the door. The sound of the rain disappeared as the thunder clashed as the sky lit up.

Toni held her breath as the door opened revealing Cheryl who looked at her with confusion before attempting to shut the door in her face.

'Cheryl please, just hear me out,' Toni said over the sound of the rain.

'I have Toni. Just go'.

'I will after you hear what I've got to say. If you want me to leave after that I promise you I'll never bother you again if that's what you want'.

Cheryl didn't say anything, but she didn't slam the door in her face. Toni took that as a sign that the redhead was willing to at least hear her out. The brunette was terrified, she wasn't only admitting things to Cheryl, she was acknowledging them herself.

'I'm so sorry for leaving you. I'm so sorry for hurting and abandoning you. I know you don't believe me, but I never wanted to hurt you. I made a mistake that cost me the best thing in my life-'

'Toni, please stop-' Cheryl said as her tears forced their way out.

'Let me just finish... please,' Toni said, if she didn't get everything out now she might never get to say it. 'You were the best thing in my life, you were always there for me and you loved me even at my worst. I was too insecure to see it then, but I see it now. Everything I told you when we were teenagers was and is still true. I wanted you for so long. You know as well as I do that no matter how much we tried to keep away from each other we couldn't. There's a connection between us that's still there, I know it is because I can feel it. Every time I look at you everything I've ever felt for you comes rushing back'.

Another clash of thunder rumbled in the sky, Toni ignored it though. The words now flowing freely from her mouth or more so from her heart.

'You are the most amazing, kind, beautiful person I have ever known and even if nothing comes from this, even if I leave and never return I will always feel lucky for that moment in time when you were mine and I was yours. There wasn't a day that past where I didn't think about you and I know a lot has changed and you might not feel anything for me at all or at least anything good, but I love you Cheryl. I've always loved you and I know I always will'.

Toni waited for a moment, but when the redhead didn't speak she knew it was too late. She'd poured her heart out and there was nothing more she could do.

'I just wanted you to know,' Toni said absolutely drenched.

There was a moment where they stood and looked at each other before Cheryl wiped her eyes.

'I don't know what you want me to do with this information Toni,' she said so quietly it was barely audible.

'You don't have to do anything, but if there's anything you want to get off your chest then nows the time to do it'.

Cheryl looked at her and Toni braced herself to be obliterated, the redhead had always had a sharp tongue and the serpent would take it. She deserved to know the damaged she caused.

'Over the years I've thought about what I'd say if I ever saw you again,' Cheryl said. 'Would I be happy? Sad? Angry? But right now I don't know how to feel. You're right Toni, you did hurt me. You left me high and dry. I lost the ability to trust anyone, because the person I thought I could trust more than anyone in the world abandoned me. I needed you and you weren't there'.