Thirty Seven

Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Thank you for all of the comments on the last chapter!

Let me know what you think of this one.

Oh, and just so you know I copied the vows from google because I'm lazy 🤣

Happy reading!

Nat xx

Toni got up the next morning feeling numb. Last night was the last thing she expected to happen and now she was left with nothing but what ifs. She moved on autopilot as she did her hair and make up before getting dressed into a blue dress with white polka dots. Something she wouldn't normally wear since it didn't match her personality at all however she wanted to wear something modest and feminine for one of her best friends wedding.

She got a ride with Kevin since Fangs and Jughead were Sweet Peas best men. He told Toni he felt guilty about her not being a part of the grooms party however she completely understood. It all happened last minute and she wasn't offended in any way. After all everything that she missed out on was her own fault. She was the one that left.

As Toni heard the sound of Kevin honking his horn, she took a breath before she headed out. She just needed to get through today so she put one foot in front of the other and left her trailer.

'Wow Toni, you look amazing'.

'Thanks Kevin, so do you'.

The drive to the church was a little awkward, the two of them had barely spoken since she got back to Riverdale and they literally had nothing in common except they both cared for Fangs. She couldn't mention that though so instead she just looked out of the window and participated in small talk for the rest of the drive.

Toni wasn't a huge fan of churches although this was the first happy occasion she would experience in one. All the others were either boring mornings she spent in them as a child or when someone she cared about died.

Kevin found a parking spot arriving exactly at the time Sweet Pea asked them to. When she got out of the car she could see him stood outside of the church talking to his guests. Toni could tell that he was nervous and rightfully so. It's a big day for him.

His face lit up when his eyes landed on her and it made her heart melt. She was so proud of him and how far he'd come, she did wish she was there to witness her friends finding their feet in their adult life but at least she was here to witness this.

'You okay?' Toni asked with a smile as she leaned in to hug him.

'I think so,' he said blowing out a breath. 'I just can't wait to see her'.

'I'm so happy for you Sweet'.

'Thanks T, that means alot'.

Toni gave him another smile as Kevin spoke to him before they entered the church to find a seat. As the brunette expected Cheryl, Betty and Tabitha were no where to be seen and she wouldn't expect any less than for them to be Veronica's bridesmaids. They'd been friends forever.

Another person she kept an eye out for was Moose. If he did show up she'd try her best to ignore him for Sweet Pea and Veronica but it would be hard. Especially after what he did. She found a seat sitting down with Kevin by her side, looking around seeing so many familiar faces and a few she didn't recognise.

Her eyes fell on Jason on the other side of the church, sitting with a woman and three small children. She tried not to feel disappointed that Cheryl had moved on especially with a child or possibly children but it was hard. The redheaded man must have felt her staring because he turned his head offering her a smile and a wave that she sent back.