Oneshot #4

With the fall season coming around the corner, bots and people readied themselves for the spooky days. Meanwhile, the Rusties, Aunt Fanny, Bigweld, Ratchet, Cappy, and Blue had decided to gather at Rodney and Alli's shared apartment for some time when Halloween came around.

Alli's family tradition during this day had been picking out a movie related to the genre: horror. And, much to everyone's dismay, Ratchet was the one to pick out a movie for the night, so he got to pick something that will scare some of the group.

What the others didn't know about Ratchet and Bigweld was that they were used to violence and horror. They had seen up close the prospects of such things; Bigweld with his workings through figuring out the anatomy of robots in his company to find ways to repair them and Ratchet with his time in the Chop Shop. So it was much of a shocker for the Rusties, Rodney, and Alli to find that the two were used to that.

"Ratchet, for God's sake, not Arachnophobia!" Alli argued with Ratchet.

"Dude, you know how much we don't like spiders! They freak me out!" Blue agreed with the auburn-curled woman.

"...so?" Ratchet stared at them with a somewhat monotone look. He held a DVD case of the spider film that he knew damn well will scare the two the most out of the people in Alli's apartment.

"So pick something else! Something that does not involve spiders and them killing people!"

"Sorry, Ratchet, she's not wrong," Cappy added. "Besides, they give me the shivers. Can't we watch something else?"

"Nope, sorry. I'm the one who gets to pick the movie tonight, and I say we're watching this," Ratchet insisted.

"Seriously, I feel like you're doing this to torment us," Piper glowered at him, with Fender nodding in agreement.

"If I was, I'd be smiling from ear to ear in a sadistic manner, which isn't happening right now, given that I'm already smiling inside."

"You sadistic asshole," Blue scowled at him.

"The movie has been chosen, we're watching this."

"Ratchet, I swear to God, if I ever had nightmares because of you, I will end you," Rodney warned him. "And that goes from Alli and Blue."

"The only nightmares I'm getting were about the Sweepers, and they're worse than spiders," Crank, who was the only one not mad or scared, added deadpanned.

"Yeah, promises, promises," Ratchet replied, ignoring Crank.

As he installed the DVD, Lugnut and Diesel came in with blankets and two bowls of popcorn for everyone to have.

"Lugnut, please tell me you checked for any spiders in there, because, seriously, I will shriek like a woman and fling it across the room!" Fender warned him.

"We double-checked. Everything's good," Lugnut reassured him, with Diesel nodding in agreement.

"They better. I cannot handle spiders, I will not hesitate to smack one in the wall."

"You, me, and Blue both," Alli agreed.

Once the movie started, there was no going back.

Despite handling horror well like Bigweld can, Rodney is greatly affected by it since he was younger. He constantly had to hold Alli close to him whenever a scary scene, namely when the main spider jumped at the screen as if it was really leaping at the viewers. The auburn-curled woman in question would yelp in terror and hide her face in his neck so she wouldn't have to look at the screen until it was over.

Cappy wasn't so lucky trying to get away whenever the scariest scenes appeared. She wanted to, but Ratchet had a firm grip on her, so she was stuck. At one point, Blue shrieked as loud as she could when the queen leaped from the shadows and killed the professor and clung onto Ratchet. It was hard to shake her off of him, given that she had a death grip on him and refused to let go, and that she was more terrified than the others.

And speaking of them.

With Diesel in his arms, Lugnut would constantly hold him like a kid would with a stuffed animal if scenes from the movie became intense. And Fender...he's already hiding behind the couch before the main spider makes its appearance at the beginning of the film.

Aunt Fanny just clung onto a pillow, occasionally hiding her face behind it whenever scary scenes appeared. Jade, meanwhile, has made herself comfortable in Bigweld's arms, huddling in them the whole time the movie played, even at the end after the final fight. And Crank? He wasn't even scared the whole movie, his face remained a constant resting bitch face expression.

Nevertheless, Ratchet did complete one thing: scare the living hell out of the Rusties.

"You sick son of a bitch! Now I'll never get over the professor's scream!" Blue yelled at him after the movie was over.

"Thank you, and you're welcome," Ratchet only replied as he packed up the DVD from the video player.

"I will get back at you for this," Rodney glared at him.

Ratchet only chuckled to himself. Like that's ever gonna happen.

"Spider!" Rodney yelled as he tossed a stuffed arachnid at a yelping Ratchet.

Payback is so sweet.