50: Sting

The second he exited the elevator, it felt like the blond could finally breathe after spending the entire afternoon surrounded by crowds of people that made his chest feel tight. 

'Geez, why the hell did I have to go on patrol when all that happened was those stupid reporters trying to follow me around. I should've brought Takashi, but I thought I would've been fine for tonight, guess I was wrong again. But now I'm home and can finally see Deku and spend some time with her like I wanted.' he thought as he unlocked the front door of his place to automatically see the black dog sitting there and waiting for him. 

"You never stop surprising me with how you know I'm home, huh, buddy?" he asked the dog as he rubbed his head.

He took off his coat and shoes and looked around his place to notice how quiet it was. 

"Don't tell me she left." 

Woof! 

"Huh? What is it?" He watched the dog storm up to the couch in the living room, so he followed him. The second he got closer to the couch, he looked down to see the greenette lying there, fast asleep. 

"Deku..." 

She had a large fluffy blanket covering her as the black cat laid on her stomach and she slept with such a peaceful expression. 

"Ah– Hmph, were you waiting for me for so long that you ended up falling asleep?" he muttered as he leaned against the back of the couch and stared down at the sleeping greenette. While staring at her, he eventually noticed how freckled her cheeks were and how soft her skin looked. 

"Heh– Why do her cheeks remind me of strawberries?" he joked, only to start poking her cheeks gently.

Eventually, he watched as the greenette's eyes squinted until they began to crack open and look up at him. 

"Katsu... Katsuki... you're home..." she mumbled. 

"Have a nice nap?" he asked sweetly. He watched as a warm smile pursed her lips and her cheeks blushed slightly. 

"Mn. It was a really nice nap." she replied. 

"How long were you waiting for me?" 

"Mmh... Not that long, I just decided to shut my eyes for a minute, but I guess I slept longer than I planned. Did you just get home?" 

"Yeah." 

"Oh, then go take a shower and I'll make you some tea." 

"You don't have to do that." 

"But I'm sure you're exhausted from your patrol, so go take a shower and I'll make you some tea." she repeated. He caved in with a sigh and gently pecked her forehead as she was rubbing her eyes. 

"I'll be back, so don't fall back asleep." 

"Mn." 

He walked into his bedroom and shut the door behind him only to press his back against the door. He clutched his chest as his heart wouldn't stop beating so fast that he couldn't even try to control it. 

'Dammit, why is she so fucking cute?'

After he finished his shower, he went straight into his closet and noticed right away that his hanging clothes were slightly moved from usual. 

"What the– They weren't like this this morning were they? Maybe I'm just tired." he told himself as he grabbed a matching set of a sweatshirt and sweatpants and then left the bathroom.