11

Hᴇʀ Wᴀʏ

Since he and Armani had a school project, Haru was sleeping over at Hanta's tonight, which meant after they finished their work, they were joining our self care night.

But currently, they were arguing about their notes.

"He's literally a Jacksonian Democrat. How is the party not democrat?" Haru scoffed.

"That's not what she's asking. We're supposed to put what he calls the party," Armani corrected.

"Jacksonian. Democrat," he repeated.

"No, it's the party of the 'Common Man'. Did you even take notes? She gave us the answers. I'd literally call you smart for picking this as our topic if you weren't proving that you're an idiot."

"I can be wrong, but you're not gonna sit in my face and call me stupid for it. Got me so fucked up," he scoffed, getting up to leave the living room.

She sighed as she followed, "Haru."

I took another sip of my water and glanced at Hanta.

"Your sister's a dick."

I pouted, "No, she's just really sarcastic and smart mouthed. And sometimes she takes it too far."

He nodded, "Granted, but she's still a dick." And Haru was telling her the exact same thing.

"I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings," Armani said.

"I genuinely don't wanna talk to you right now."

She pouted cutely and went to hug him, "I didn't mean it."

"You did."

"I thought I did in that moment, but I didn't. I was just pissed." He didn't respond or return the hug. "Haru, you can't be mad at me all night," she whined.

"You're mad at me every time we're not alone."

"I'll be nicer."

He snickered, "You're lying right now."

"I'm not," she insisted.

"For how long?"

"The rest of the night."

He rolled his eyes, "That's it? So you're gonna be a dick again tomorrow."

"I don't know how I'm gonna be tomorrow. But you're sleeping over and that means I'm gonna wake up with you, and it's the weekend so we'll be together all day tomorrow, too, right?"

"Obviously."

"Okay, so I'll probably be in a good mood all morning."

He finally wrapped her up in his arms, "I guess."

A few moments later they came back to the living room on good terms to continue working on their project.

I smirked at Hanta, "What time is it?"

He sighed and pulled a twenty from his wallet to give to me. "I really thought he'd last longer than that."