Chapter four: sneaking suspicions

Y/n's pov:

After that whole fiasco the teacher, miss Thornhill, had arrived and ordered people to take their seats yet I didn't since I had no idea of where to sit. Of course the teacher noticed and I was made to stand in front of the class as she formally introduced me to my class

She stood beside me with an eerie smile "Now everybody. Whether you've already met him or not this is Y/n Callaghan, please be respectful towards him and treat him well. Y/n would you like to say anything to your classmates?" She asked me with that same smile...she's strange "why not" I say as I face everybody with a cold stare. I feel like me and that Wednesday girl are the odd ones out since out uniforms are different but I like mine and find it suitable for myself. "Hello. As you heard my name is Y/n Callaghan. I am a bloodmage and the fourth child to Anna and Arthur Callaghan. I do not tolerate any disrespect to my family name nor my family themselves. Should I catch wind of any slander to either of which, I cannot guarantee that I will let you live" I say in a monotone voice which gave my classmates, minus Wednesday, a chilling feeling and that was litteral I unintentionally started lowering their body temperatures but I realised almost immediately and stopped it.

At this point class had been going on for a whole hour and the bell rang signaling break time. I got up and left before dismissal to which Thornhill didn't try and stop me. I was soon met with the faces of Wednesday and Enid behind me
"So I see you went for the scary approach" Enid began with a friendly smile yet me and Wednesday didn't share the same look as her, we were more dignified people. "I did indeed and now I have let people know I'm not an easy target to mess with" I fixed up my collar as I said that. "What makes you believe that any of Nevermore's student body wouldn't kill you?" Wednesday began in a sudden shift. "Trust me. They wouldn't, and neither would you..." I walked straight in front of her and loomed over her "you see. I hold extraordinary levels of blood manipulation. You name it I can do it, so long as blood is involved. I can: bend blood into any shape or form, Trace blood that the human eye can't see any more, change blood temperature, reverse blood flow, burst blood vessels, Trace blood to a specific person, syphon others' blood for myself despite blood types and lastly I can look rather amazing doing so." I listed with cold stare as I moved away from the girl. Admittedly I was a little angry at her for her disbelief yet I held my composure and walked away after saying goodbye.

After a couple more tedious hours it was lunch break and I was sat upon the edge of the fountain lost in my own thoughts. I had heard rumours of murders around Jericho and bodies having been mutilated beyond belief. Sounds like that creature from the other night. The police stand no chance, it's an outcast for sure yet I'm unsure of the species. My peers are all suspects and those closest may even be my enemy, I'm on high alert and my guard will not drop. Not for a minute.

Nobody's pov:

Y/n was seen to be sat alone and silent as the breeze brushed over him and the water in the fountain lay still. Sirens didn't dare tell him to move after his last series of threats. He tapped his foot on the ground erratically, a problem he faced when he was pondering for a while. People didn't pay him much attention but would look to see if it was truly the Callaghan child. Lo and behold, it was. He had his head pressed into the back of his interlocked hands. He was brought away from his thoughts when the same teacher, miss Thornhill, had approached.

Y/n's pov:

I must admit my first few days here have been suboptimal, I have assisted in and witnessed a murder, badly threatened one of my classmates and made a racial remark at a whole species yet I don't want to count that after what they said first. I sense someone beside me, oddly they seem coldblooded, not literally but their intent seems cold yet it's not Wednesday...strange

"Hello y/n" miss Thornhill's overly cheery voice made itself prominent. "Hello. How are you ma'am?" I asked polity, even when I can sense something off I keep composed. "Nothing much, I just wanted to learn more about you as I must admit, talking to someone of your stature and class is something people dream of" she rambled like a suck up "only the stupid, foolish and dimwitted would dare speak to me so boldly, I'm not a fan of suckups" I stated as I looked towards her eerily happy smile "oh, I'm sorry I just don't know when to stop y'know?" Her blood is telling me a different story, she wants me to talk I just know it, what a fool. "Ma'am, no offence but I shan't divulge into my abilities...you're a normie teacher, to learn more on the art of blood magic requires an outcast mind, one that can comprehend...the true power we bloodmages possess" I make my hair flair up and my eyes glow as my skin underneath my sleeves opens to leak blood down it, this becomes visible to Thornhill. "You're bleeding! Let me help you" she pulled a tissue out to smoother my precious blood...the bitch "NO!" I rose my voice making people turn their heads in curiosity, my anger made my blood leak faster "don't-...don't touch my blood" I calm myself before something bad was bound to happen "o-okay okay. I'll leave it" she said as she put her hands in front of her, my blood retracted back into me making some heads turn and other's whisper, Thornhill looked scared to say the least. She was after all, close to being victim to a bloodmage. I began to breathe slowly as I regained my composure, I straightened my collar and tie then my cuffs before turning my back "I'll take my leave. Never, and I mean never go near any blood when around me...and don't try sneaking with it either, I have a keen sense of smell for the stuff" I leave promptly and push some students out from my way saying 'excuse me' of course. I decided to sit on a little bench inside with my head in my hands to just let myself think...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Nobody's pov:

Y/n and this person were once again sat across from eachother. "Shortly before the Rave'n dance wasn't it? That you said you had the suspicion of Thornhill?" The silhouette asked "yes, my blood magic allowed me to sense her vitals and she was trying to get something out of me" y/n stated. "Our records show she is an outstanding individual who has never so much as hurt a fly except to feed her plants" the other person argued. "Your. Records. LIE!" Y/n yelled as he stood and slammed his hands onto the rusting desk prompting the silhouette to make a 'tsk tsk tsk' noise, "easy y/n, I'm just talking. Sit down and be civil" the person spoke softer and calmer prompitng him to lay a hand out towards y/n's chair. Y/n sat and sighed "apologies. Where were we" he said impatiently.