Chapter 30 - The Beginning of the End

Depuis le début

"Don't worry." A ninja-like person then explained, "I played around inside him a little, and disabled his abilities. He's currently out of commission, but won't die. He's just the most troublesome guy, that's why he should sleep a little."

"Its futile, villains." An old and short man besides Hu Tao and All Might said, "Sakoatsu Hiro, Iguchi Shuuichi, Toga Himiko, Bubaigawara Jin. With just little information we were able to find out this much. You get it don't you, there's no where for you to run. Give up." His voice gradually grew darker and darker.

Hu Tao didn't join in but observed.

A voice sounded in Shigaraki's head, nobody came to save you. It must have hurt Shigaraki Tomura, but I'm here. It will be alright, because I'm here to save you. He didn't know if it was due to his imagination, or a voice really sounded in his head, but he felt calmer nonetheless.

Everyone praises the heroes. They keep saying things like 'The heroes will...' and 'before long the heroes will...', but they ignore you, don't they? You didn't do anything wrong... But don't worry, I'm here to save you. It's okay now...

I'm here.

Puddles of liquid opened up in the air, and the exposed brains of Nomus rushed out.

Alarmed, the heroes began to incapacitate them, but to no avail. There were too strong and overwhelmed them.

4 rushed straight towards Hu Tao, who didn't pay too much attention to fighting them and tried to listen in on the details as much as possible. She half-mindedly swiped her spear and fended them off.

After defeating them, more just came. It was futile.

Then, liquid began to pour from inside people's mouths. The entire crew of villains, as well as Bakugo's disappeared inside the liquid.

"NOOOOOO!" All Might shouted. Then, Hu Tao sensed a powerful and evil aura spread out just a little distance from her. She left the building, and before she even began to decide to go over there, All Might zoomed past her.

After looking in that direction for a while, Hu Tao frowned deeply, as she sensed multiples of souls with regret still lingering.

Could that be...?

...

As she arrived, she saw him applauding someone who laid helplessly on the ground.

"As expected of the number 4 hero Best Jeanist. I was trying to blast everybody away, but in an instant, you controlled everyone's clothes and pulled them out of the way. Your judgement and reaction speed is no doubt extremely advanced." He struggled but it was no use, "the strength you possess is the result of considerable training and practical experience, it doesn't suit Shigaraki."

Hu Tao also noticed some children behind a wall, and was curious about it before she saw All Might aggressively inserting himself into the scene.

Wait, didn't he leave before me? How come I arrived before him? Am I that much stronger or has he got some circumstances? Because of his injury?

She put that thought to the back of her mind and made her presence little and looked at what's about to happen.

"I'm going to make you give everything back, ALL FOR ONE!" He shouted.

So that is indeed All for One. Quite creepy looking.

"You're going to kill me again? All Might."

As Hu Tao relayed this information via the mental connection, something finally clicked for Ainz and he started to explain.

(Ahhh! I get it now!)